Author Topic: CGM music? Oh yeah! Stickmans Bad Luck title theme  (Read 2142 times)

CGM

• Christian, 3D artist, former Platform Builder gamdev
  • Master Builder
    • View Profile
CGM music? Oh yeah! Stickmans Bad Luck title theme
« on: March 18, 2019, 08:18:41 PM »
On February 11th 2019, I composed this piece based off of stickmans bad luck title screen music. Another game by Ting Thing available on Game Jolt. It's not high quality, but it's still great. I'm not professional, but I tried. I messed up the timing a few times too, but overall, I think you'll enjoy it. I plan to someday get a higher quality version of this song, but I used what I had to record it. Anyway, enjoy! https://mega.nz/#!vmoAVYzR!qjOZCuo5ZsFXtSf3rJlRgxNhTKn-HXYCc5s-qGqzO7Y

Gizgord

• average
  • Level 18: Statix
    • View Profile
Re: CGM music? Oh yeah! Stickmans Bad Luck title theme
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2019, 12:48:27 PM »
I didn't know you were a music guy.

CGM

• Master Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2019, 01:31:18 PM »
I'm a bit of a lot of things. I wasn't a CGM guy until... About 2 years ago. I'm not a professional, and ASM is my very first major game. All of my other projects were... Test projects, and a couple Mario builder projects. That was it. So, music is just one of the many things I do. So, did you like it Giz?

Alley

• The Blue Leader
  • Level 17: Clanker
  • Deals with art in PC and acting and drawing
    • View Profile
    • Team Alju5
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2019, 01:49:06 PM »
I think there is nothing wrong with the music itself but I feel that there is background noise and a lag which is not very perfect. I can't say this music is too quiet comparing the other music that your game uses because I may not imagine how loud your notes may sound if you would "fix" that but I don't know... You should try another creation or recording software/shareware or improve your skills to fix background noise and intermittent parts of your soundtrack.
But again, I don't say anything bad about your skill in playing musical instruments. :)
« Last Edit: March 22, 2019, 01:49:49 PM by Alley »
Alley (T_Alj5)

CGM

• Master Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2019, 03:07:11 PM »
Thanks! I know, it's annoying to me too. I tried making it clear it doesn't sound very good, I plan to get a high quality microphone that will leave out all the noise and static.

Alley

• The Blue Leader
  • Level 17: Clanker
  • Deals with art in PC and acting and drawing
    • View Profile
    • Team Alju5
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2019, 03:14:08 PM »
Yes, you understood me properly. :) And buying more expensive devices that will add much more quality would be a solution but you also can use some applications that can fix your already made files. For example, Audacity that is completely free has a lot of features to fix some quality. ::)
There are also some ways about how to change your microphone recording. You should search all of those variants for yourself.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2019, 03:15:42 PM by Alley »
Alley (T_Alj5)

CGM

• Master Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2019, 09:51:01 PM »
I do have audacity, and I have tried those things. But they never worked.

War

• "The top player is here!"
  • Level 20: Nobom
    • View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2020, 07:32:00 PM »
Wow, this is an incredible theme.
Hey, wassup wassup? My name is Warrior555MainsGanon (but just call me War) and I'm the main guy behind Megaman Zero Online and the upcoming Matt's Adventure! I don't speak often here but I'm a very friendly lad so if you wanna talk, don't hesitate!

CGM

• Master Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2020, 08:05:21 PM »
I've got a re-mastered version. And I'm coming out with an even better version. Meaning that the timing will be fixed, it'll have even more complex chords and stuff like that. The remastered music is somewhere here...