Author Topic: World Chaos...  (Read 2007 times)

iplux

• Level 1: Bizz
  • I'm Creating "World Chaos', SIMPLY Games
    • View Profile
World Chaos...
« on: April 07, 2019, 01:08:30 PM »
World Chaos
I'm making this game :D

The only problem is "I can't start a new file, only the example"
Known for making the hellspawn that was World Chaos.

Antikore

• Developing Mortal Theater at day, developing depression at night.
  • Level 22: Trex
  • Enjoying Platform Builder from the very start
    • View Profile
    • PBuilder Resources
Re: World Chaos...
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2019, 07:16:01 AM »
Great starting :D
Sorry because my English is not very good because I'm Spanish ;) :P

CGM

• Christian, 3D artist, former Platform Builder gamdev
  • Master Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2019, 03:34:20 PM »
Welcome to the Platform Builder Forums yann2008yt! We love to see new faces, and it's been awhile since we had a member that was actually active. Most that join don't ever post. But I'm glad you're fairly active! I'm Christian Game Maker. I've been here for a year, and have been using PB for an even longer time. So, I'm usually the one who knows what to do because I know quite a bit about PB. I'm developing a game called, "The Adventures of Super Mike." Anyway, what do you mean by, you can't start a new file, but you can in the example? If you created all of that In the example file, it'll all get erased eventually. That stuff doesn't save. You can start in a new file by clicking on it, then clicking on new, then selecting either on simple or advanced mode. Just select simple if you don't know what to do with advanced. Advanced is just advanced linking. Not too difficult to learn, but a little advanced. Anyway, looks cool! And we'll be happy to see what you come up with in the future!

CGM

• Master Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2019, 09:08:22 PM »
There's a bug. Level 2 doesn't work.

Alley

• The Blue Leader
  • Level 17: Clanker
  • Deals with art in PC and acting and drawing
    • View Profile
    • Team Alju5
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2019, 09:17:23 PM »
I promised to review your game also... Now, here it is but unfortunately, I must make some serious critique. I must admit that you have been able to give a surprisingly nice look for the title and for some other parts of your game but... I don't agree with things such as for example, single ground corners in the air making a place to walk on, grates in the air, forest background with a technology and cave tiles, trees on the pipes, spikes keeping position in the air when platforms falling, etc. Of course, you are a developer for your game and I don't come to say how your fantasy in your mind should be but I think you actually understand what I mean. ::)
There are several things that reach out of design logic and I know you are new so I hope you won't be offended... If I understand you properly then you tried to represent some total chaos which is a very nice idea in my honest opinion but please, try to be inspired from some other games and find some other ways how to make this chaos look like! :) You don't have to cut out the challenge you have made... Just make it look different(better) somehow!

Maybe, you also should use some more aggressive music for the chaos and tech tiles. Your boss is nice but you even don't need to fight him because I killed him with invincibility in my first attempt. :-\
« Last Edit: April 15, 2019, 09:23:15 PM by Alley »
Alley (T_Alj5)

CGM

• Master Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2019, 09:20:10 PM »
Um... Alley...I think you missed the point. The game is called "World Chaos." So, that's why it looks so bad. I woulden't criticize it like that.

Alley

• The Blue Leader
  • Level 17: Clanker
  • Deals with art in PC and acting and drawing
    • View Profile
    • Team Alju5
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2019, 09:29:11 PM »
No! I explained that... It is chaos but say that the Power Plant isn't chaos! There is darkness, crushers, dark sound, poison, etc. Being somewhere on nowhere is a good idea but then we should forgive every project that is just named to chaos. Music is too nice for chaos, design just fast made and also like you said there are some unlinked places in the game. Everything should be tested deeply before publishing as a product!
« Last Edit: April 15, 2019, 09:31:38 PM by Alley »
Alley (T_Alj5)

CGM

• Master Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2019, 09:30:59 PM »
Gotcha.