Author Topic: Hi I'm Eschirm.  (Read 163 times)

eschirm

• Miniature Nerd Terrier
  • Level 1: Bizz
    • View Profile
Hi I'm Eschirm.
« on: June 07, 2019, 10:08:28 PM »
I don't really have much to say about me - I'm fairly new to coding and learning it on my own, so awesome resources like this are really helping turn my long-held game-making daydreams into a feasible reality. Thank you!  :)
audio_play_sound(snd_bark, 1, true);

Christian Game Maker

• Currently developing Project ASM (The Adventures Of Super Mike) And manager of platformbuilderfansite.weebly.com!
  • Level 21: Magmus
  • The way of the Cross leads home.
    • View Profile
    • Platform Builder Fansite
Re: Hi I'm Eschirm.
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2019, 10:16:08 PM »
Hey! I know how you feel! Platform Builder doesn't really have code. But it does give you basics and a few definitions. It's somewhere between a spoken language, and code. Anyway, we're glad to have you! Why not share your project idea, and make a suggestion or two? I already introduced myself in the bug report, but Welcome to the Platform Builder forums! Also, are you planning to be active here?
Christian Game Maker: 3:16 Numbers Of Hope

Gizgord

• Level 8: Puglit
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2019, 05:53:24 PM »
hey eschirm, we're glad to have you here. :)

eschirm

• Miniature Nerd Terrier
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2019, 08:59:45 PM »
Thanks for the welcome! I probably won't be the most active of users but I'll definitely try to visit the forum whenever I get a chance. :)

It's just a hobby, but I've been working on a platform game where you go around as a ghost possessing different characters. I had originally started from scratch in gamemaker and had a decent engine going - basic controls, tile collisions, possessing characters and stuff - but as it got more complicated I realized I was spending pretty much all my time going back to reconfigure parts of the code that I should have organized better from the start.

I'm hoping now to try starting over with an engine created by someone more experienced, and so far I'm having a lot of fun seeing how much more efficient it is to use things like state machines and better organized scripts.

Christian Game Maker

• Currently developing Project ASM (The Adventures Of Super Mike) And manager of platformbuilderfansite.weebly.com!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2019, 09:26:53 PM »
Yup! At least you've gotten farther in GML than I ever did. Sounds like a very interesting game idea. Is it based off of super mario odyssey? There are a lot of members that are not active here. Or, very active. But it's okay if you don't come here all of the time of course.

eschirm

• Miniature Nerd Terrier
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2019, 09:44:09 PM »
I've actually never played Mario Odyssey! I didn't realize it had that sort of mechanic, but I just watched the trailer - that looks awesome! Now I'm gonna have to play it.  :D

TingThing

• Admin and Developer
  • Level 15: Spreker
  • Creator and Developer of Platform Builder
    • View Profile
    • Platform Builder Home
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2019, 11:29:43 PM »
Hello Eschirm! We're glad you're here!

So, are you getting into Platform Builder or the Ultimate Platformer Engine?

eschirm

• Miniature Nerd Terrier
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2019, 11:51:46 PM »
Glad to be here! Thanks for making such an amazing project. :)

I'm using the Ultimate Platformer Engine. This is the first time I've downloaded anything off the Yoyogames marketplace since I started messing around with Gamemaker a year or two ago. I'm both overjoyed and overwhelmed with all the coding you've done, and having a great time digging in to see how it all works!

Christian Game Maker

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2019, 02:40:13 AM »
I wish I had the UPE. I'm not sure if I will get it yet, but I might just buy it now so that I don't have to worry about it later. If I ever do get it. Platform Builder Pro is great too. I'd suggest getting both for the best results. PB pro can do a lot on its own you know. Having both can take a LOT of the workload off! Though I haven't gotten this from personal experience, I do know that for a fact.

Antikore

• YouTuber, Gamer and the developer of Castle Chamber.
  • Level 18: Statix
  • Enjoying Platform Builder from the very start
    • View Profile
    • PBuilder Resources
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2019, 09:16:03 AM »
Welcome, Eschirm! I'm Antikore.
I'm glad to see new faces around here :)
Sorry because my English is not very good because I'm Spanish ;) :P
==================================
My games:
- Castle Chamber (In development)
==================================
YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4bftKRMy_deGspyejBWjFQ

Alley

• The Blue Leader
  • Level 14: Grooper
  • Deals with art in PC and acting and drawing
    • View Profile
    • Team Alju5
« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2019, 06:01:14 PM »
Welcome, Eschirm! :)

It is nice to see you here! I see you also continued to post here after that you have made the first post so I can hope you will be another more active member here... ::)

I am just curious... You are female also. Are you a member called as Esan and Sain from YouTube? :)
Alley (T_Alj5)

eschirm

• Miniature Nerd Terrier
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2019, 12:04:10 AM »
Thanks Antikore and Alley! I've been less active lately due to work, but appreciate the welcoming community. :)

And no, I don't know any Esan and Sain, sorry. I am a girl though - still a bit rare in the programming world, but we definitely exist! :P

Christian Game Maker

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2019, 12:14:21 AM »
This is very unusual. Because, you and LyndsWins are both girls, and you both do programming. And the rest of us are guys, and we don't care/know how to program. Well, most of us don't know how to program.

Mechasaur

• Level 7: Tilbub
  • Wouldn't you like to know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2019, 01:20:44 PM »
Welcome to the forums, I'm sure we'll get along just fine

I hope