Author Topic: Platform Builder 7  (Read 2245 times)

TingThing

• Admin and Developer
  • Level 20: Nobom
  • Creator and Developer of Platform Builder
    • View Profile
    • Platform Builder Home
Platform Builder 7
« on: June 20, 2019, 04:38:30 AM »
Hi everyone!

Platform Builder 7 is underway! This next update, however, is going to be a bit different. I'm going to focus most of my time on forum suggestions. I recently finished going through the last three pages of suggestions and put together a pretty sizable to-do list. However, I will continue to look through that over the summer as I work. If there is something on Platform Builder that you would like to see, make a post in the suggestions page of our forums and I will check it out!

I have always been selective based on time, difficulty, practicality, and member interest. I can't do everything. But I'm taking more suggestions than usual this time. So if you want to be a part of the next update, now's your chance to throw your cool idea into the hat!

Don't just make suggestions because it's a suggestion. Show me just the stuff that you actually want  ;)

There is one significant suggestion that I have almost finished, and I'll talk about it on the "Coming Soon" page. So if you haven't registered for these forums, DO IT!  :yay!: You don't get access to the "Coming Soon" page without it...

Best,
TingThing

CGM

• Christian, 3D artist, former Platform Builder gamdev
  • Master Builder
    • View Profile
Re: Platform Builder 7
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2019, 01:02:18 PM »
Platform Builder 7 is going to  be amazing! You really should do more updates like this one. What I mean is, making updates based off of our suggestions. And I usually make suggestions based off of what I need. Not so much just something to do. And, I personally think these kind of updates are larger, and are better. Because we never know what suggestion we suggested you will take! I can't wait to see the next post. Lots of smaller adjustments to PB are always great. Keep up the good work TingThing!

Gizgord

• average
  • Level 18: Statix
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2019, 09:22:25 PM »
Platform Builder VII - The Community Update
« Last Edit: June 20, 2019, 09:22:38 PM by Gizgord »

CGM

• Master Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2019, 10:19:48 PM »
Uh...Giz? What do you mean exactly?

Gizgord

• average
  • Level 18: Statix
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2019, 10:34:05 PM »
I have always been selective based on time, difficulty, practicality, and member interest. I can't do everything. But I'm taking more suggestions than usual this time.

suggestions that came from the community, and thus, making this the Community Update.

CGM

• Master Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2019, 12:41:58 AM »
Ah. Well, then I love community updates.

CGM

• Master Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2019, 02:43:44 PM »
Hey! Everyone (especially TingThing) needs to read this post! It's my theories and hopes for 7.0. And some suggestions I REALLY hope to see in 7.0!

https://theplatformbuilder.com/forums/index.php?topic=983.0