Author Topic: Crazy Shape Banzai  (Read 14434 times)

CGM

• Christian, 3D artist, former Platform Builder gamdev
  • Master Builder
    • View Profile
Re: Crazy Shape Banzai
« Reply #45 on: February 18, 2020, 05:47:42 PM »
I don't remember changing those sprites. The red barrels were there from the beginning, and I don't remember changing them. Strange...

An idea just popped into my head- A level editor.

War

• "The top player is here!"
  • Level 20: Nobom
    • View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #46 on: February 18, 2020, 07:14:06 PM »
I don't remember changing those sprites. The red barrels were there from the beginning, and I don't remember changing them. Strange...

An idea just popped into my head- A level editor.
Finally, you mind of it.
Also add an algorithm to detect if the user make a pingas so he can't save it
Hey, wassup wassup? My name is Warrior555MainsGanon (but just call me War) and I'm the main guy behind Megaman Zero Online and the upcoming Matt's Adventure! I don't speak often here but I'm a very friendly lad so if you wanna talk, don't hesitate!

CGM

• Master Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 18, 2020, 07:19:24 PM »
What?

War

• View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #48 on: February 19, 2020, 06:52:51 AM »
What?
It's a way to pronounce d*ck without risking to get reported ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Hey, wassup wassup? My name is Warrior555MainsGanon (but just call me War) and I'm the main guy behind Megaman Zero Online and the upcoming Matt's Adventure! I don't speak often here but I'm a very friendly lad so if you wanna talk, don't hesitate!

Antikore

• Developing Mortal Theater at day, developing depression at night.
  • Level 22: Trex
  • Enjoying Platform Builder from the very start
    • View Profile
    • PBuilder Resources
« Reply #49 on: February 19, 2020, 01:12:08 PM »
It's a way to pronounce d*ck without risking to get reported ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Just say male reproduction organ. ;D
Sorry because my English is not very good because I'm Spanish ;) :P

TingThing

• Admin and Developer
  • Creator and Developer of Platform Builder
    • View Profile
    • Platform Builder Home
« Reply #50 on: February 19, 2020, 08:35:21 PM »
I think we will just have to trust that our users will not be making those kinds of things in their levels. So far, this community has done a good job. But if anything like that slips into the explore section, it should be reported.

And like Antikore suggested, if you have to mention more sensitive words, just speak generically like "private parts" or something like that. Using slang is typically not any better.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2020, 08:50:50 PM by TingThing »

CGM

• Master Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 19, 2020, 09:29:16 PM »
CSB is back in development!
I've looked it over, and did a bit of work on it, and I've tried my best to resolve these glitches that were reported months ago.

I hope you all enjoy the long awaited update, whenever that gets out. The game really wasn't hard to make since Antikore started it, (though about the only things I still left from his original were the levels, and some of the systems, but I took out about 60% of his stuff and added my own to make it better) and it shouldn't take too long to add in those new characters that I promised. Though that's the last thing I want to work on since making 1 new character is a challenge since I'm working with a bunch of systems built from scratch that are not built into PB at all. (The inner-workings of this game are really amazing, and many of the systems that you'd think were pre-built that I used, I built from scratch.)

I'm hoping that I will be able to create a basic (very basic) level editor that will allow you to place stuff like enemies, character starting positions, spawn blocks, and other stuff, but that may not be able to happen yet until 8.0 for the sake of saving objects.

Please be patient, and I apologize for not working on this game and finishing it. Lets forget the past, and press on into the future!

saiwong3268

• Level 6: Milder
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 20, 2020, 01:04:28 AM »
I installed the latest version of this game today.

I think it needs information at the start screen on the objectives of the game and how you play it.

Also the selector screen needs information as well as you can set goals, but new player may not
understand what these goals mean.

I also infer it is 2 player only game, and at selector screen you need to jump up (for both players)
to switch cross to a tick to start the game. This took me some time to figure out. (Thus need for
some help information at this screen)

Not sure what is goal of 1st level. Ended up confused about what needed to be done, so I just quit out of game.

CGM

• Master Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 20, 2020, 02:21:21 AM »
Ever played, "Super Smash Bros" games? This game is similar. The objective is simple. (I will fix all of this in the next update, which will come with at least 1 brand new character, many improvements, new stages, etc)

Your objective is to beat the other player in a fighting match. (There is supposed to be a story, and all of this explained, but that was supposed to be for later.)

The levels are randomly picked (at least, for the moment) and so there is no "first level."

There will be brand new attack/defense moves in the next update.

Press the button you assigned for the pick-up key to place a mine.

I expect to have a new update out with many improvements, in the next few days! :D

War

• View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #54 on: February 20, 2020, 09:59:46 AM »
I installed the latest version of this game today.

I think it needs information at the start screen on the objectives of the game and how you play it.

Also the selector screen needs information as well as you can set goals, but new player may not
understand what these goals mean.

I also infer it is 2 player only game, and at selector screen you need to jump up (for both players)
to switch cross to a tick to start the game. This took me some time to figure out. (Thus need for
some help information at this screen)

Not sure what is goal of 1st level. Ended up confused about what needed to be done, so I just quit out of game.
You never played Smash Bros?

saiwong3268

• Level 6: Milder
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 20, 2020, 10:16:17 AM »

I've never played Smash Bros

Antikore

• Developing Mortal Theater at day, developing depression at night.
  • Level 22: Trex
  • Enjoying Platform Builder from the very start
    • View Profile
    • PBuilder Resources
« Reply #56 on: February 20, 2020, 11:10:37 AM »
I have only played Smash Bros with my cousin a little bit. I think it was the GameCube one but played in a Wii
Sorry because my English is not very good because I'm Spanish ;) :P

CGM

• Master Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 20, 2020, 02:44:42 PM »
Many years ago I played Super Smash Bros on the Wii with a friend of mine, but I'm more familiar with the fangame called Super Smash Flash. If you wanna know more about Smash Bros, I suggest you check out the fangame.

CSB was not my original idea, but rather Antikore's idea. Antikore designed almost all sprites, but I changed how the game worked quite a bit. It was originally a game where you play with a 2nd player (using default PB character sprites, not shapes) and you use guns to fight each other, but you had to dodge many enemies, and each "level" lasted about 5 seconds and then went to the next. It wasn't very fun, even without a friend to play with. So I changed almost everything. I made it into a proper PVP game with smash bros like attributes. Antikore gave the game to me after he felt that the game just wasn't fun, and wasn't exciting/engaging, and he couldn't figure out what to do to make it better. My mind was flooding with ideas for this game, and I put most of them into it. I'm currently finishing up the game with this next update. :)

War

• View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #58 on: February 20, 2020, 04:33:58 PM »
Many years ago I played Super Smash Bros on the Wii with a friend of mine, but I'm more familiar with the fangame called Super Smash Flash. If you wanna know more about Smash Bros, I suggest you check out the fangame.

CSB was not my original idea, but rather Antikore's idea. Antikore designed almost all sprites, but I changed how the game worked quite a bit. It was originally a game where you play with a 2nd player (using default PB character sprites, not shapes) and you use guns to fight each other, but you had to dodge many enemies, and each "level" lasted about 5 seconds and then went to the next. It wasn't very fun, even without a friend to play with. So I changed almost everything. I made it into a proper PVP game with smash bros like attributes. Antikore gave the game to me after he felt that the game just wasn't fun, and wasn't exciting/engaging, and he couldn't figure out what to do to make it better. My mind was flooding with ideas for this game, and I put most of them into it. I'm currently finishing up the game with this next update. :)
SSF2 sucks

CGM

• Master Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 20, 2020, 04:35:01 PM »
I wouldn't know. I haven't played much in the way of Super Smash Bros anyway, well, not official games. I did play the 3DS version a few times as well. But not very much.