Author Topic: Crazy Shape Banzai  (Read 14309 times)

CGM

• Christian, 3D artist, former Platform Builder gamdev
  • Master Builder
    • View Profile
Crazy Shape Banzai
« on: August 30, 2019, 02:36:40 AM »

NOW AVAILABLE ON PLATFORM BUILDER EXPLORE!!!

My "new" project. Antikore started this project, and I have taken it over, and given it a new name. It was originally called Gun Banzai. Or, more commonly known as Project GB. This project is quite small. For those of you wondering about my other project, ASM, don't worry! ASM isn't over, and this project will be something I will periodically update. Release date? I think it'd be safe to say a couple of months.GAME DETAILS:It's the annual shape Olympics games! Play as Super Shapes! Circles, triangles, rectangles, you name it! Battle your friends in 26 EPIC arenas! Collect awesome items and use them to your advantage! Blast, morph, shoot, blow-up, and even divide to take the title as the Strongest and Smartest Shape of the year! Play as a Bouncy Circle shape that can stick to walls, bounce, ricochet, morph into a saw, and more!Or become a Rectangle that can divide itself in half, and attack in the process!Or play as a triangle, and fire 3 projectiles from each point!(More abilities to be announced and developed! This game is a WIP. Almost done with it though!)Hit a mystery ball, and cause wacky things to happen! Such as causing the area to go dark! Or collect shape morph items to morph into unusual irregular shapes!Select different settings to adjust the goals, enable/disable hazards, and many other things!Use hazards to your advantage!Leave self-destructing devices as a surprise for your opponent!Activate a stream of cannonballs by stepping on a cannon switch!Battle in CRAZY environments!Battle in deserts, snowy and icy areas, forests, and even volcanic arenas! Use the environments to your advantage! Knock your opponent into raging rivers, into lava pools, or into ice to prevent them from moving quickly!
Platforms:Windows PC executable, Platform Builder ExploreSpecial information:2-players required to play (currently)EXE won't support lens effects thus causing certain features not to work properlySpecial options includedStay tuned!
« Last Edit: September 02, 2019, 09:27:14 PM by Christian Game Maker »

War

• "The top player is here!"
  • Level 20: Nobom
    • View Profile
    • My website
Re: Super Shape Banzai
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2019, 09:37:44 AM »
My "new" project. Antikore started this project, and I have taken it over, and given it a new name. It was originally called Gun Banzai. Or, more commonly known as Project GB. This project is quite small. For those of you wondering about my other project, ASM, don't worry! ASM isn't over, and this project will be something I will periodically update. Release date? I think it'd be safe to say a couple of months.
GAME DETAILS:It's the annual shape Olympics games! Play as Super Shapes! Circles, triangles, rectangles, you name it! Battle your friends in 26 EPIC arenas! Collect awesome items and use them to your advantage! Blast, morph, shoot, blow-up, and even divide to take the title as the Strongest and Smartest Shape of the year!
Play as a Bouncy Circle shape that can stick to walls, bounce, ricochet, morph into a saw, and more!Or become a Rectangle that can divide itself in half, and attack in the process!Or play as a triangle, and fire 3 projectiles from each point!(More abilities to be announced and developed! This game is a WIP. Almost done with it though!)[/b]Hit a mystery ball, and cause wacky things to happen! Such as causing the area to go dark! Or collect shape morph items to morph into unusual irregular shapes!Select different settings to adjust the goals, enable/disable hazards, and many other things!Use hazards to your advantage!
Leave self-destructing devices as a surprise for your opponent!Activate a stream of cannonballs by stepping on a cannon switch!Battle in CRAZY environments!Battle in deserts, snowy and icy areas, forests, and even volcanic arenas!
Use the environments to your advantage! Knock your opponent into raging rivers, into lava pools, or into ice to prevent them from moving quickly!
Platforms:Windows PC executablePlatform Builder ExploreSpecial information:2-players required to play (currently)EXE won't support lens effects thus causing certain features not to work properlySpecial options includedStay tuned!

So its a smash fangame.
Hey, wassup wassup? My name is Warrior555MainsGanon (but just call me War) and I'm the main guy behind Megaman Zero Online and the upcoming Matt's Adventure! I don't speak often here but I'm a very friendly lad so if you wanna talk, don't hesitate!

CGM

• Master Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2019, 04:39:31 PM »
If it was a smash fangame, then this would be 100% different. It is NOT a fangame. A fangame is where you use the same sprites and exact gameplay with maybe some extra stuff not from the original game. This is my own ideas taking a few from smash bros. It isn't a fangame.

War

• View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2019, 08:12:26 PM »
I mean "so its an smash like "
Hey, wassup wassup? My name is Warrior555MainsGanon (but just call me War) and I'm the main guy behind Megaman Zero Online and the upcoming Matt's Adventure! I don't speak often here but I'm a very friendly lad so if you wanna talk, don't hesitate!

CGM

• Master Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2019, 08:29:29 PM »
Yes, it has smash bros attributes.

CGM

• Master Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2019, 04:32:08 PM »
UPDATE:

Been working on the game for a week, and am very happy with the results! BTW, lava land has been removed and replaced with castle. Why? Because of some technical issues. So, say goodbye to lavaland!

CGM

• Master Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2019, 05:38:26 PM »

LOOK!!! WOW!
« Last Edit: August 31, 2019, 07:08:30 PM by Christian Game Maker »

War

• View Profile
    • My website
Re: Crazy Shape Banzai
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2019, 02:45:32 PM »
What are the problems with the Lava Arena ?

CGM

• Master Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2019, 02:57:22 PM »
Some glitches with the lava. Also, water will have to go too. Unless I find a fix which TingThing told me about which might fix the issues. If I can fix the issues, the castle stuff is here to stay. I don't plan on adding more stages because right now, the game has plenty.

CGM

• Master Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2019, 06:12:09 PM »
ALMOST AVAILABLE ON PLATFORM BUILDER EXPLORE!!!After 1 and a half weeks of development, including programming, debugging, testing, adjusting, and polishing, Crazy Shape Banzai is NOW AVAILABLE!!! Well, almost. TingThing still has to review it first. Of course it'll pass I'm certain. But don't get your hopes up too high! It's not complete. Its missing some key-features. Currently, I have only 1 playable character. And there aren't isn't any story...Yet. I just wanted to just get the game out. And CPU's are something I really want to add. I hope to add them someday.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2019, 06:14:45 PM by Christian Game Maker »

War

• View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2019, 07:32:10 PM »
And the characters don't have any charisma

CGM

• Master Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2019, 07:52:18 PM »
?

CGM

• Master Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2019, 09:25:46 PM »
IT'S HAPPENED!!!

Aeterna Games | Æ

• Game Developer and Creator of Aeterna Games | Æ
  • Level 10: Jelli
  • I‘m a big fan of Escape-Rooms =)
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2019, 11:49:56 PM »
Played it!
Its really awesome, but...

- It's very buggy, cuz sometimes I fell out of the arena or a character disappears
- The controlls of player 2 is terrible and there is no manual of it
- I have no friends to play and battle with, so I need to play with myself :-\ :))

I hope, CPU's, more characters and stuff will coming soon. :)

Can't wait to play the full-version! ;)
« Last Edit: September 02, 2019, 11:50:45 PM by Aeterna Games | Æ »
My Projects:

CGM

• Master Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 03, 2019, 12:25:51 AM »
Which arena did you fall out of? (You'll have to share a screenshot or visually describe it. I found an arena where that happens, and I will update the game with that fix)
What other bugs did you find? Very buggy means it's got lots of bugs. I played through it many times with hardly any issues.

You can change P2's controls by pausing, clicking options, then clicking on P1's controls, (it will change to the P2 options) so you can change them to however you like! I can't change the defaults.

If TingThing takes a suggestion, CPU's will be added! And sorry about you being alone with nobody to play with. :(

AND YES! More characters...Coming Soon! :D
« Last Edit: September 03, 2019, 12:28:28 AM by Christian Game Maker »