Author Topic: Platform Builder 7.2  (Read 1812 times)

TingThing

• Admin and Developer
  • Level 20: Nobom
  • Creator and Developer of Platform Builder
    • View Profile
    • Platform Builder Home
Platform Builder 7.2
« on: January 20, 2020, 06:58:47 PM »
Hello everyone,

Platform Builder 7.2 is now out! This is not a large update, but it is an important one. There are a number of bug fixes and several new much-needed functions. You can see the updates here.

I updated the Command Prompt Page and the Conditional Page on our website to reflect some of the new changes. Here is what you can look out for:

projectile dir = facing, approximate enemy, etc. (changes the projectile direction settings for the character)
projectile dir up = true (enables firing up when the projectile direction settings are set to "select")
projectile dir down left = false (disables firing down-left when the projectile direction settings are set to "select")
with nearest enemy 1 (finds the closest enemy with an ID of 1 so that you can start using enemy commands without specifying the enemy ID)
with nearest item 3, with nearest block, etc. (This works for other stuff too)
trigger block 5 (triggers blocks and with ID of 5)
if mouse button = left (checks if the left mouse button is being pressed down)

Platform Builder 7.2 was never announced. Truth is, I was just planning for another patch, but I thought it would be good to add a couple needed stuff. I actually have plans to get started on another large update soon. It will take some time, but hopefully I will be able to get a good start so that I can start posting announcements about it in the "Coming Soon" forum. If you haven't already registered for an account on these forums, you will need to in order to see those announcements.

Best,
TingThing

CGM

• Christian, 3D artist, former Platform Builder gamdev
  • Master Builder
    • View Profile
Re: Platform Builder 7.2
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2020, 08:13:39 PM »
I have one request, that I'm sure the rest of the community would ask as well. Could you make this large update a community focused update? Like you did for 7.0. Where most things you added were our ideas. I'm sure the community would love that.

Gizgord

• average
  • Level 18: Statix
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2020, 08:43:10 AM »
I'm interested to see what comes next.  :)

CGM

• Master Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2020, 03:46:13 PM »
I am really interested as well!

War

• "The top player is here!"
    • View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2020, 03:46:41 PM »
I'm interested to see what comes next.  :)
Well... Platform Builder 7.3?
Hey, wassup wassup? My name is Warrior555MainsGanon (but just call me War) and I'm the main guy behind Megaman Zero Online and the upcoming Matt's Adventure! I don't speak often here but I'm a very friendly lad so if you wanna talk, don't hesitate!

CGM

• Master Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2020, 03:50:22 PM »
For a large update, that means we have to say goodbye to my personally favorite number...7. Platform Builder 8.0 is on the rise! Right TingThing?

War

• "The top player is here!"
    • View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2020, 05:45:16 PM »
For a large update, that means we have to say goodbye to my personally favorite number...7. Platform Builder 8.0 is on the rise! Right TingThing?
I admit that Im more hyped by PB 8.0 that by PB 7.3
(And my favourite numbers are 2 and 5 😀)
« Last Edit: January 21, 2020, 05:46:19 PM by War555MainsGanon »
Hey, wassup wassup? My name is Warrior555MainsGanon (but just call me War) and I'm the main guy behind Megaman Zero Online and the upcoming Matt's Adventure! I don't speak often here but I'm a very friendly lad so if you wanna talk, don't hesitate!