Author Topic: Platform Builder 8  (Read 3669 times)

TingThing

• Admin and Developer
  • Level 20: Nobom
  • Creator and Developer of Platform Builder
    • View Profile
    • Platform Builder Home
Platform Builder 8
« on: February 10, 2020, 02:58:55 AM »
Hello Everyone,

I said in a previous announcement that the next version of Platform Builder is going to be bigger than usual. Some of you were wondering if we were talking another major update into Platform Builder 8. The answer is yes!

Work has already begun, and I plan to have it all ready sometime in the early Summer. My Goal for PB 8 is to address some of those spots in PB which seem oddly limiting. As usual, I will be sharing what's coming in the "Coming Soon" page of these forums. In fact, I'll be posting there after I finish writing this announcement.

The Coming Soon page is for registered members only. So if you don't already have a forum account with us, get one! Registration is free.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2020, 08:23:00 AM by TingThing »

War

• "The top player is here!"
    • View Profile
    • My website
Re: Platform Builder 8
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2020, 06:48:41 AM »
Hello Everyone,

I said in a previous announcement that the next version of Platform Builder is going to be bigger than usual. Some of you were wondering if we were talking another major update into Platform Builder 8. The answer is yes!

Work has already begin, and I plan to have it all ready sometime in the early Summer. My Goal for PB 8 is to address some of those spots in PB which seem oddly limiting. As usual, I will be sharing what's coming in the "Coming Soon" page of these forums. In fact, I'll be posting there after I finish writing this announcement.

The Coming Soon page is for registered members only. So if you don't already have a forum account with us, get one! Registration is free.
OH. MY. GOD.
Hey, wassup wassup? My name is Warrior555MainsGanon (but just call me War) and I'm the main guy behind Megaman Zero Online and the upcoming Matt's Adventure! I don't speak often here but I'm a very friendly lad so if you wanna talk, don't hesitate!

Gizgord

• average
  • Level 18: Statix
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2020, 07:38:13 AM »
Work has already begin, and I plan to have it all ready sometime in the early Summer. My Goal for PB 8 is to address some of those spots in PB which seem oddly limiting.
I feel like this is exactly what the community wants. good call! it's going to be a looong spring... ;)
« Last Edit: February 10, 2020, 07:39:21 AM by Gizgord »

War

• View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2020, 09:22:51 AM »
I feel like this is exactly what the community wants. good call! it's going to be a looong spring... ;)
4 months to wait :(
Hey, wassup wassup? My name is Warrior555MainsGanon (but just call me War) and I'm the main guy behind Megaman Zero Online and the upcoming Matt's Adventure! I don't speak often here but I'm a very friendly lad so if you wanna talk, don't hesitate!

War

• View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2020, 09:56:16 AM »
I even made a meme about this lol

TingThing

• Admin and Developer
    • View Profile
    • Platform Builder Home
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2020, 06:15:04 AM »
Hi all,

Just wanted to post a little update here on PB 8. I mentioned that I'd like to have this ready early summer. Although there's still a lot that I'd like to do, there are also many glitch and error fixes which I want to roll out as soon as I can. Because of this, I plan to have PB 8 Beta ready in about a week. It will contain all of the big changes plus a bunch of smaller things, with even more smaller things on the way for the final release.

We will do this similar to how we have done it for other major releases. Everyone is welcome. Once its ready, you'll see an announcement posted here on the forums.

Until then,
TingThing

TingThing

• Admin and Developer
    • View Profile
    • Platform Builder Home
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2020, 06:16:33 AM »
Hi all,

Just wanted to post a little update here on PB 8. I mentioned that I'd like to have this ready early summer. Although there's still a lot that I'd like to do
(I just spent 2 hours looking through suggestions and jotted down 40 possible ideas. I can't do them all, but I'll do some), there are also many glitch and error fixes which I want to roll out as soon as I can. Because of this, I plan to have PB 8 Beta ready in about a week. It will contain all of the big changes plus a bunch of smaller things, with even more smaller things on the way for the final release.

We will do this similar to how we have done it for other major releases. Everyone is welcome. Once its ready, you'll see an announcement posted here on the forums.

Until then,
TingThing
« Last Edit: May 11, 2020, 06:18:35 AM by TingThing »

Antikore

• Developing Mortal Theater at day, developing depression at night.
  • Level 22: Trex
  • Enjoying Platform Builder from the very start
    • View Profile
    • PBuilder Resources
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2020, 06:31:44 AM »
Oh nice! That's great to hear :D
Sorry because my English is not very good because I'm Spanish ;) :P

Setap

• The Conservative Romanian Republic of Setap
  • Level 13: Porcuprick
  • Developer of the Super Adventure series
    • View Profile
    • Setap's Website
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2020, 08:24:22 AM »
Hi all,

Just wanted to post a little update here on PB 8. I mentioned that I'd like to have this ready early summer. Although there's still a lot that I'd like to do
(I just spent 2 hours looking through suggestions and jotted down 40 possible ideas. I can't do them all, but I'll do some), there are also many glitch and error fixes which I want to roll out as soon as I can. Because of this, I plan to have PB 8 Beta ready in about a week. It will contain all of the big changes plus a bunch of smaller things, with even more smaller things on the way for the final release.

Until then,
TingThing

How we will be able to get a beta version of PB8? Just askin'
setapdede Productions 2016-2022

Antikore

• Developing Mortal Theater at day, developing depression at night.
  • Level 22: Trex
  • Enjoying Platform Builder from the very start
    • View Profile
    • PBuilder Resources
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2020, 11:18:46 AM »
How we will be able to get a beta version of PB8? Just askin'
TingThing will give a zip file with the 8.0 beta to you if he wants. There is no other way
Sorry because my English is not very good because I'm Spanish ;) :P

Setap

• The Conservative Romanian Republic of Setap
  • Level 13: Porcuprick
  • Developer of the Super Adventure series
    • View Profile
    • Setap's Website
« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2020, 11:50:26 AM »
TingThing will give a zip file with the 8.0 beta to you if he wants. There is no other way
oh. I thought it will be something like this
setapdede Productions 2016-2022

TingThing

• Admin and Developer
    • View Profile
    • Platform Builder Home
« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2020, 01:59:46 PM »
Indeed, it will be through email. I'll get the details out in another announcement in about a week.

CGM

• Christian, 3D artist, former Platform Builder gamdev
  • Master Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2020, 04:20:54 PM »
Great news! I've been hyped for PB 8, and so to hear I'll finally get to use it in the near future, that's music to my  ears!

Alley

• The Blue Leader
  • Level 17: Clanker
  • Deals with art in PC and acting and drawing
    • View Profile
    • Team Alju5
« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2020, 03:42:01 PM »
Hello Everyone,

Work has already begun, and I plan to have it all ready sometime in the early Summer. My Goal for PB 8 is to address some of those spots in PB which seem oddly limiting. As usual, I will be sharing what's coming in the "Coming Soon" page of these forums. In fact, I'll be posting there after I finish writing this announcement.

You have made this really big and businesslike even if the managers can be still glitchy for my game. :) I thought nothing will chance for some amount of time because you are making a very big step by moving from PB 7 to PB 8 but I checked inside to PB recently and actually found quite a lot of new good features although you have not called PB 8 as ready yet. ::)
Alley (T_Alj5)

Gizgord

• average
  • Level 18: Statix
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2020, 12:49:14 PM »
I thought nothing will chance for some amount of time because you are making a very big step by moving from PB 7 to PB 8 but I checked inside to PB recently and actually found quite a lot of new good features although you have not called PB 8 as ready yet. ::)
when was the last time you regularly checked PB? most of these new features have been there for a while