Author Topic: Invasion: Going Personal  (Read 44526 times)

CGM

• Christian, 3D artist, former Platform Builder gamdev
  • Master Builder
    • View Profile
Re: Invasion: Going Personal
« Reply #165 on: October 18, 2019, 07:42:15 PM »
I think IGP is a great game, Alley. Though for obvious reasons, I'm not a fan of doom, though. I want to encourage you to make IGP a priority. Also, I wouldn't say IGP isn't popular. It's a very cool game. And most people don't seem to post about projects unless something really big and exciting happens. Just look at ASM. On the surface it doesn't seem very popular, but that's mostly just because game updates aren't extremely exciting unless people actually get to play it. Plus I keep a lot of info under-wraps. For IGP, you've gotten lots of praise. Just look at what people have said on this topic. I've gotten praise for ASM too. But unless you're a huge fan of someone's project, you're likely not going to post every time someone makes an announcement. As for me, I like to post whenever an update is given on pretty much any project. Especially IGP. It's a great game. And I personally was excited to read your announcement, and was hoping you had a new level in the works or completed, or near completion. However, I was slightly disappointed that my assumptions were incorrect. I hope you will get a level done soon.

Keep up the good work!

Mechasaur

• No Normies Allowed
  • Level 13: Porcuprick
  • Proud Admin of Plugger's Zone
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: October 18, 2019, 09:20:04 PM »
I believe I was a tough and long one before making breaks with my latest project, Invasion: Going Personal. Now, I know my break like time from PB has been long already but this is how time moves on. I still don't plan to start working on the next level. I haven't lost my inspiration with Doom alpha modding and it is possible that I may want to make all alpha before I will take another level for IGP because I really would like to have my own created enemies in one of my games that have been set from the beginning to the end. I canceled my goals with Doom modding because I wasn't very appreciated only but also bullied. This forum and some other communities where I am a member are much better and calm ones but I am not very popular with Invasion also and I feel that I can do some really big thing in Doom now when I have quit my job for money and when I have more time.

I still keep IGP on my high priority, however, so I plan to create the latest special level for IGP whenever I feel I have made something fairly big for my personal pleasure and honor. :)

"personal pleasure" hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

War

• "The top player is here!"
  • Level 20: Nobom
    • View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #167 on: October 19, 2019, 08:17:58 AM »
SUGGESTION FOR ALLEY N°1
Maybe you could, when IGP will be finished, buy the UPE and make IGP become a true game?
Then post it on Steam, and make dlc, and then make the sequel, and then...
SWITCH PORT ^-^

Hey, wassup wassup? My name is Warrior555MainsGanon (but just call me War) and I'm the main guy behind Megaman Zero Online and the upcoming Matt's Adventure! I don't speak often here but I'm a very friendly lad so if you wanna talk, don't hesitate!

CGM

• Master Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: October 19, 2019, 09:28:37 PM »
In your dreams, Warrior555.

War

• View Profile
    • My website
Hey, wassup wassup? My name is Warrior555MainsGanon (but just call me War) and I'm the main guy behind Megaman Zero Online and the upcoming Matt's Adventure! I don't speak often here but I'm a very friendly lad so if you wanna talk, don't hesitate!

Mechasaur

• No Normies Allowed
  • Level 13: Porcuprick
  • Proud Admin of Plugger's Zone
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: October 20, 2019, 08:53:20 PM »

Alley

• The Blue Leader
  • Level 17: Clanker
  • Deals with art in PC and acting and drawing
    • View Profile
    • Team Alju5
« Reply #171 on: October 20, 2019, 09:40:13 PM »
I think IGP is a great game, Alley. Though for obvious reasons, I'm not a fan of doom, though. I want to encourage you to make IGP a priority. Also, I wouldn't say IGP isn't popular. It's a very cool game. And most people don't seem to post about projects unless something really big and exciting happens. Just look at ASM. On the surface it doesn't seem very popular, but that's mostly just because game updates aren't extremely exciting unless people actually get to play it. Plus I keep a lot of info under-wraps. For IGP, you've gotten lots of praise. Just look at what people have said on this topic. I've gotten praise for ASM too. But unless you're a huge fan of someone's project, you're likely not going to post every time someone makes an announcement. As for me, I like to post whenever an update is given on pretty much any project. Especially IGP. It's a great game. And I personally was excited to read your announcement, and was hoping you had a new level in the works or completed, or near completion. However, I was slightly disappointed that my assumptions were incorrect. I hope you will get a level done soon.

Keep up the good work!
Thank you again, Christian Game Maker for always being supportive of IGP! :) Your answer really made me consider decreasing priorities for Doom to make at least the final special level for IGP first. Other people, however, seem to not care about the news that much because the community seems to be interested only in memes and jokes now which I even don't understand. ::) Although, Mechasaur's first answer for my the latest announcement is something that I am probably the only one to understand. :D

People, do you really always laugh on your own side sincerely if expressing cry and talking about the salt? ::) Or is this type of posting just some kind of new fashion here learned somewhere from social media? Anyway, I may be even should be happy rather because a new trend can attract more persons closer to my project page at least.  :P
« Last Edit: October 20, 2019, 11:26:37 PM by Alley »
Alley (T_Alj5)

CGM

• Master Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: October 21, 2019, 02:02:03 PM »
@Warrior555

Alley isn't much into the lastest Nintendo stuff. So he probably didn't understand the switch port idea. And porting IGP to the switch would be about 900$. Which is a lot of money.

@Alley

Warrior555 I believe wasn't so much making a joke, but rather expressing that he thinks that IGP should be considered a high end game.

Memes apparently are a new social media trend. I honestly could care less for them. To me they are clutter. I prefer images of projects and such. That's my personal opinion.

I hope you continue to strive to make IGP a great game. It's got a lot of potential. A lot.

Alley

• The Blue Leader
    • View Profile
    • Team Alju5
« Reply #173 on: November 03, 2019, 09:51:53 PM »
Yeah, Christian Game Maker! :) I probably didn't understand the switch idea because I am really not into the latest Nintendo stuff. And for sure, I am not good at finding ways about how to collect public. ::) However, I don't blame myself very much if I was too stark with Warrior555 although I hope he will revisit this page someday again. But this meme and joke rally has been invaded the whole forum that much already so I am simply unable to detect often where is the joke and which is serious. :D Especially, when I don't understand what people are talking about but doing with huge pictures and stuff.
I also would prefer images for showing something certain such as projects... ::)

Anyway, your support really made me want to return working with IGP again and I am glad about your words. I, however, turned more into my alternative project again and one way or another I wanted to complete the episode with spiders like in Doom where you will face Barons, Cyberdemons and then spiders for a complete product. One day, I watched one video about PB... I don't remember if it was mine or not but I got some new inspiration to work with PB again before I reached to finish my latest video. But then again, I see so many good videos about Doom and I really dream about being a bit more popular and I still wanted to continue with my alternative project. ::)
However, this fight in my head and soul means that no matter how long I will be away from PB I haven't forgotten PB. So don't worry about IGP! :) I haven't worked with Doom already for several years but started to make modding with it again so PB for sure will come into my head and soul more and more. Also when I will return which may not happen that long time later PB may be updated so I may be able to add even better things I have added so far for IGP. ;) Be patient!
« Last Edit: November 03, 2019, 09:52:16 PM by Alley »
Alley (T_Alj5)

CGM

• Master Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: November 04, 2019, 10:08:33 PM »
I understand, Alley.

War

• View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #175 on: November 06, 2019, 02:20:22 PM »
Yeah, Christian Game Maker! :) I probably didn't understand the switch idea because I am really not into the latest Nintendo stuff. And for sure, I am not good at finding ways about how to collect public. ::) However, I don't blame myself very much if I was too stark with Warrior555 although I hope he will revisit this page someday again. But this meme and joke rally has been invaded the whole forum that much already so I am simply unable to detect often where is the joke and which is serious. :D Especially, when I don't understand what people are talking about but doing with huge pictures and stuff.
I also would prefer images for showing something certain such as projects... ::)

Anyway, your support really made me want to return working with IGP again and I am glad about your words. I, however, turned more into my alternative project again and one way or another I wanted to complete the episode with spiders like in Doom where you will face Barons, Cyberdemons and then spiders for a complete product. One day, I watched one video about PB... I don't remember if it was mine or not but I got some new inspiration to work with PB again before I reached to finish my latest video. But then again, I see so many good videos about Doom and I really dream about being a bit more popular and I still wanted to continue with my alternative project. ::)
However, this fight in my head and soul means that no matter how long I will be away from PB I haven't forgotten PB. So don't worry about IGP! :) I haven't worked with Doom already for several years but started to make modding with it again so PB for sure will come into my head and soul more and more. Also when I will return which may not happen that long time later PB may be updated so I may be able to add even better things I have added so far for IGP. ;) Be patient!
I have an idea (maybe)
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/193364415/baldis-basics-in-education-and-learning-full-game

Alley

• The Blue Leader
    • View Profile
    • Team Alju5
« Reply #176 on: November 09, 2019, 09:54:25 PM »
Christian Game Maker already mentioned your ideas to cost money and he is right. :) Now you are offering me another stuff which purely seems to be a commercial service. I am going to pay for nothing unless someone can guarantee that I also will be successful after that making new money and time efforts!
And if you suggest me to learn about how to make games then you are hinting that the current IGP is not good enough. :P

Thank you for your advice though if you are only not joking! :)
« Last Edit: November 09, 2019, 09:56:52 PM by Alley »
Alley (T_Alj5)

War

• View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #177 on: November 10, 2019, 08:27:00 PM »
Christian Game Maker already mentioned your ideas to cost money and he is right. :) Now you are offering me another stuff which purely seems to be a commercial service. I am going to pay for nothing unless someone can guarantee that I also will be successful after that making new money and time efforts!
And if you suggest me to learn about how to make games then you are hinting that the current IGP is not good enough. :P

Thank you for your advice though if you are only not joking! :)
No! IGP is already excellent! Kickstarting the game is just for things like smooth animations or console ports! Not like the complete rework of Baldi!

CGM

• Master Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: November 11, 2019, 11:34:12 PM »
That's what I had thought. Alley apparently had taken it another way.

Alley

• The Blue Leader
    • View Profile
    • Team Alju5
« Reply #179 on: December 01, 2019, 05:48:05 PM »
I guess I must admit I even don't understand this Baldi stuff enough... I think I have no time to read and focus this stuff completely and I would have difficult times to start with it because I know I will not become rich after that I have done all that I should.  :-\

Thank you for explaining anyways! :)

EDIT:

No! IGP is already excellent! Kickstarting the game is just for things like smooth animations or console ports! Not like the complete rework of Baldi!
Or... I maybe confused by a Baldi stuff because it may be the game which alone really can't make me any smarter but maybe you just wanted to give me an example.  ??? If removing Baldi from the address and any other content which Baldi has kept only domain name then I can see I basically can do the same... Asking donations to myself and I can say I have seen a lot of such things in my short life time that can help me maybe. So I often have learned something new and learned also no, those things won't help even more than things I have learned previously. ::) So I must say, I am tired of accepting everything new and focusing on new things with hoping when I have old things already unaccomplished.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2019, 06:09:00 PM by Alley »
Alley (T_Alj5)