Author Topic: TingThing should involve more the community in Platform Builder  (Read 4213 times)

War

• "The top player is here!"
  • Level 20: Nobom
    • View Profile
    • My website
For example we should be able to mod PB to add features and publish them on Steam so TingThing can add the most populars or TingThing should make polls to determine the upcoming features that are the most requested
Hey, wassup wassup? My name is Warrior555MainsGanon (but just call me War) and I'm the main guy behind Megaman Zero Online and the upcoming Matt's Adventure! I don't speak often here but I'm a very friendly lad so if you wanna talk, don't hesitate!

Setap

• The Conservative Romanian Republic of Setap
  • Level 13: Porcuprick
  • Developer of the Super Adventure series
    • View Profile
    • Setap's Website
Re: TingThing should involve more the community in Platform Builder
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2020, 03:58:10 PM »

setapdede Productions 2016-2022

Gizgord

• average
  • Level 18: Statix
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2020, 06:53:01 PM »
what for?
excuse me if I'm being a little harsh, but would anyone participate? frankly, I don't think most folks even know how to write in GameMaker. it's a bit of a bummer, really, but that's how I see it.
anyway, even if there's someone eager to mod the game, is that person able to create something for Platform Builder that is outside of TingThing's capabilities (taking into account time, skill, creativity, whatever)?
this doesn't make much sense to me... but it may not be a bad idea. if I can ask you, what would you wish to mod in, or what do you expect from other mods?

War

• View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2020, 07:42:54 PM »
if I can ask you, what would you wish to mod in, or what do you expect from other mods?
Lot of things that should have been here since 5.0
Hey, wassup wassup? My name is Warrior555MainsGanon (but just call me War) and I'm the main guy behind Megaman Zero Online and the upcoming Matt's Adventure! I don't speak often here but I'm a very friendly lad so if you wanna talk, don't hesitate!

War

• View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2020, 07:52:23 PM »
To be serious, here's the full list:
-Custom sprite loop
-Disable jumping with jump key
-Custom pause menu scripting
-Adding more keybinds
-Custom editor keybinds
-Vsync setting
-Unlocked framerate
-Custom hitboxes for player attacks
-Better custom physics for enemies
And more
Also if the keybinds thing is added, I probably won't need the pause menu scripting.

CGM

• Christian, 3D artist, former Platform Builder gamdev
  • Master Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2020, 07:58:42 PM »
Seriously, some of those things you can already do in PB. And you weren't here for 5.0's release anyway, Warrior.

Unlocked framerate, disabling jumping with jump key, and theoretically custom hitboxes for player attacks, are already able to be done. As for the rest, it's very iffy as to wether any of those work.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2020, 07:59:03 PM by Christian Game Maker »

War

• View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2020, 08:05:57 PM »
And you weren't here for 5.0's release anyway
So basically because you were on the forums before, you should be smarter than me? No, That's not how it works.

CGM

• Master Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2020, 11:49:21 PM »
In this case, it does count some. That update took about 4 months to put together, and the effort I know went into it was a lot. Had you been around during that period, you may have thought differently about 5.0's release.

War

• View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2020, 08:27:25 AM »
It's not because you were here before me than you are always right, there is like 682 times where I was right but where you conviced the entire forums that you were right and that i'm a complete scrub at everything I do.

Setap

• The Conservative Romanian Republic of Setap
  • Level 13: Porcuprick
  • Developer of the Super Adventure series
    • View Profile
    • Setap's Website
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2020, 04:14:26 PM »
It's not because you were here before me than you are always right, there is like 682 times where I was right but where you conviced the entire forums that you were right and that i'm a complete scrub at everything I do.
*grabs popcorn in switzerland*
setapdede Productions 2016-2022

CGM

• Master Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2020, 04:59:51 PM »
That's not at all what I'm trying to communicate. 5.0 was the greatest PB update ever, and there could have been a lot of things added into it that weren't added into it. There's no need to get upset and say that there are features that should have been added to 5.0. 5.0 added a to of stuff, and took a long time to develop. It was very highly anticipated, and was full of features.

...BTW, were you aware that custom sprites were very limited in 5.0?

War

• View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2020, 06:08:01 PM »
You are just trying to justify yourself.

CGM

• Master Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2020, 07:39:13 PM »
My point is that I don't think you can speak for 5.0's features since you weren't around to actually use it and experience waiting for it. It's disappointing to me because it seems to me (notice the word seems) as though you're upset with TingThing and are upset with his work.

War

• View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2020, 07:37:05 AM »
My point is that I don't think you can speak for 5.0's features since you weren't around to actually use it and experience waiting for it. It's disappointing to me because it seems to me (notice the word seems) as though you're upset with TingThing and are upset with his work.
Im not upset with TingThing for anything except that he never adds basic features, it's you who is busting my balls.

CGM

• Master Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2020, 03:50:25 PM »
Basic features will be added as time goes on. Just don't worry about it!