Author Topic: Old Platform Builder Graphics  (Read 1875 times)

TingThing

• Admin and Developer
  • Level 20: Nobom
  • Creator and Developer of Platform Builder
    • View Profile
    • Platform Builder Home
Old Platform Builder Graphics
« on: September 13, 2020, 01:43:39 AM »
Hi everyone,

In a previous announcement, I mentioned that Platform Builder would be getting new graphics, and that the old graphics would still be available as a legacy option. After some experiments in development, I came to realize that the amount of effort required (not to mention storage space) to include two interchangeable sets of graphics would be far too much effort and time. Instead I will be using that time and energy toward other much-needed features of Platform Builder 9.

Instead of a legacy option, I will be releasing most (possibly all) of the old graphics for free which can be imported into Platform Builder Pro. I also have a stand-alone character designer which can be used to export character sprite sheets.

I apologize for speaking ahead of myself about the legacy option. Still, I am confident that the new graphics coming out are superior to the old ones, and I think you will agree. I'm really excited to share some of them with you all within a week or two on the coming soon page!

Cheers,
TingThing
« Last Edit: September 13, 2020, 01:18:37 PM by TingThing »

CGM

• Christian, 3D artist, former Platform Builder gamdev
  • Master Builder
    • View Profile
Re: Old Platform Builder Graphics
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2020, 03:10:33 AM »
The only disappointing thing is that you didn't make 'em.

Gizgord

• average
  • Level 18: Statix
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2020, 12:25:10 PM »
that makes me a bit sad, because I liked the idea of Legacy graphics. but it makes sense why you're removing them

War

• "The top player is here!"
  • Level 20: Nobom
    • View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2020, 02:33:47 PM »
Don't care of the graphics, the most important is that you can focus on adding new stuff.
Hey, wassup wassup? My name is Warrior555MainsGanon (but just call me War) and I'm the main guy behind Megaman Zero Online and the upcoming Matt's Adventure! I don't speak often here but I'm a very friendly lad so if you wanna talk, don't hesitate!

Antikore

• Developing Mortal Theater at day, developing depression at night.
  • Level 22: Trex
  • Enjoying Platform Builder from the very start
    • View Profile
    • PBuilder Resources
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2020, 03:26:18 PM »
Hi everyone,

In a previous announcement, I mentioned that Platform Builder would be getting new graphics, and that the old graphics would still be available as a legacy option. After some experiments in development, I came to realize that the amount of effort required (not to mention storage space) to include two interchangeable sets of graphics would be far too much effort and time. Instead I will be using that time and energy toward other much-needed features of Platform Builder 9.

Instead of a legacy option, I will be releasing most (possibly all) of the old graphics for free which can be imported into Platform Builder Pro. I also have a stand-alone character designer which can be used to export character sprite sheets.

I apologize for speaking ahead of myself about the legacy option. Still, I am confident that the new graphics coming out are superior to the old ones, and I think you will agree. I'm really excited to share some of them with you all within a week or two on the coming soon page!

Cheers,
TingThing
If what you're doing makes PB better, I don't mind really what it is.
Sorry because my English is not very good because I'm Spanish ;) :P

CGM

• Christian, 3D artist, former Platform Builder gamdev
  • Master Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2020, 10:03:17 PM »
As long as we can use all of the original graphics still, I'm happy.