Author Topic: Old Platform Builder Graphics  (Read 72 times)

TingThing

• Admin and Developer
  • Level 20: Nobom
  • Creator and Developer of Platform Builder
    • View Profile
    • Platform Builder Home
Old Platform Builder Graphics
« on: September 13, 2020, 01:43:39 AM »
Hi everyone,

In a previous announcement, I mentioned that Platform Builder would be getting new graphics, and that the old graphics would still be available as a legacy option. After some experiments in development, I came to realize that the amount of effort required (not to mention storage space) to include two interchangeable sets of graphics would be far too much effort and time. Instead I will be using that time and energy toward other much-needed features of Platform Builder 9.

Instead of a legacy option, I will be releasing most (possibly all) of the old graphics for free which can be imported into Platform Builder Pro. I also have a stand-alone character designer which can be used to export character sprite sheets.

I apologize for speaking ahead of myself about the legacy option. Still, I am confident that the new graphics coming out are superior to the old ones, and I think you will agree. I'm really excited to share some of them with you all within a week or two on the coming soon page!

Cheers,
TingThing
« Last Edit: September 13, 2020, 01:18:37 PM by TingThing »

Christian Game Maker

• Currently developing Project ASM (The Adventures Of Super Mike) And manager of platformbuilderfansite.weebly.com!
  • Master Builder
  • The way of the Cross leads home.
    • View Profile
    • The Adventures of Super Mike Website (ASM)
Re: Old Platform Builder Graphics
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2020, 03:10:33 AM »
The only disappointing thing is that you didn't make 'em.

Gizgord

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2020, 12:25:10 PM »
that makes me a bit sad, because I liked the idea of Legacy graphics. but it makes sense why you're removing them

warrior

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2020, 02:33:47 PM »
Don't care of the graphics, the most important is that you can focus on adding new stuff.

Antikore

• YouTuber, Gamer and the developer of Castle Chamber.
  • Level 21: Magmus
  • Enjoying Platform Builder from the very start
    • View Profile
    • PBuilder Resources
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2020, 03:26:18 PM »
Hi everyone,

In a previous announcement, I mentioned that Platform Builder would be getting new graphics, and that the old graphics would still be available as a legacy option. After some experiments in development, I came to realize that the amount of effort required (not to mention storage space) to include two interchangeable sets of graphics would be far too much effort and time. Instead I will be using that time and energy toward other much-needed features of Platform Builder 9.

Instead of a legacy option, I will be releasing most (possibly all) of the old graphics for free which can be imported into Platform Builder Pro. I also have a stand-alone character designer which can be used to export character sprite sheets.

I apologize for speaking ahead of myself about the legacy option. Still, I am confident that the new graphics coming out are superior to the old ones, and I think you will agree. I'm really excited to share some of them with you all within a week or two on the coming soon page!

Cheers,
TingThing
If what you're doing makes PB better, I don't mind really what it is.
Sorry because my English is not very good because I'm Spanish ;) :P

Christian Game Maker

• Currently developing Project ASM (The Adventures Of Super Mike) And manager of platformbuilderfansite.weebly.com!
  • Master Builder
  • The way of the Cross leads home.
    • View Profile
    • The Adventures of Super Mike Website (ASM)
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2020, 10:03:17 PM »
As long as we can use all of the original graphics still, I'm happy.