Author Topic: Demon Hearts  (Read 13505 times)

Antikore

• Developing Mortal Theater at day, developing depression at night.
  • Level 22: Trex
  • Enjoying Platform Builder from the very start
    • View Profile
    • PBuilder Resources
Re: Demon Hearts
« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2020, 07:12:49 PM »
@warrior I'm not sure how to take that.
Take it easy. Having self-humor is imo the best thing you can have over anything.
Sorry because my English is not very good because I'm Spanish ;) :P

CGM

• Christian, 3D artist, former Platform Builder gamdev
  • Master Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 29, 2020, 07:46:17 PM »
@Antikore I didn't find it funny.

@warrior I don't play Hat in Time for similar reasons. Just because I don't play certain games doesn't mean I'm not a real gamer. I'm more or less a causal game player. I do it for fun. I play games very little these days to be honest. I just don't have that strong of a desire to play them.

Mechasaur

• No Normies Allowed
  • Level 13: Porcuprick
  • Proud Admin of Plugger's Zone
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 29, 2020, 08:33:48 PM »
I'm very sad to say this, and I never ever thought I'd have to say this, and I never intend to hurt anyone's feelings for the games they make, I've never said this before, and it hurts me to say this, but I will not be playing this game. Let me explain. I am a Christian. I do not play games which have so many references to the occult, demons, etc portrayed in such a realistic way. This is not my kind of game. From what I can see here, this will not be a game I will be recommending. @Aeterna Games | Æ I'm not wanting to hurt your feelings, but I will not be playing this game. Please understand I hold nothing against you personally, but as a Christian, I do not feel right in playing it. That is my belief. It's a personal conviction. Please do not take this statement as me having anything against you. I just will not be playing this/recommending it. Thanks.

oh boo hoo, let me play the saddest song on the world's smallest violin

Antikore

• View Profile
    • PBuilder Resources
« Reply #18 on: September 30, 2020, 05:46:39 AM »
oh boo hoo, let me play the saddest song on the world's smallest violin
I got the reference ;)

Setap

• The Conservative Romanian Republic of Setap
  • Developer of the Super Adventure series
    • View Profile
    • Setap's Website
« Reply #19 on: September 30, 2020, 06:48:04 AM »
setapdede Productions 2016-2022

Antikore

• View Profile
    • PBuilder Resources
« Reply #20 on: September 30, 2020, 06:59:28 AM »
Lol

War

• "The top player is here!"
  • Level 20: Nobom
    • View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #21 on: September 30, 2020, 01:22:52 PM »
I'm more or less a causal game player. I do it for fun. I play games very little these days to be honest. I just don't have that strong of a desire to play them.
Then If you say that you're a casual, when you say something about games and I say the opposite I will always be right. That's the price to value "religion" over video games.
Hey, wassup wassup? My name is Warrior555MainsGanon (but just call me War) and I'm the main guy behind Megaman Zero Online and the upcoming Matt's Adventure! I don't speak often here but I'm a very friendly lad so if you wanna talk, don't hesitate!

Aeterna Games | Æ

• Game Developer and Creator of Aeterna Games | Æ
  • Level 10: Jelli
  • I‘m a big fan of Escape-Rooms =)
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #22 on: September 30, 2020, 01:42:52 PM »
« Last Edit: September 30, 2020, 01:54:36 PM by Aeterna Games | Æ »
My Projects:

CGM

• Master Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 30, 2020, 02:29:39 PM »
Ugh...I'd think you guys would know not to say things like that 'cause then I'll give a speech. (Referring to the modified meme with Mario in it)

What if you did end up in Hell, forever and ever? Seriously. Just think about that. Not the kind portrayed in videogames and movies, but rather, the kind where there is no way out because God made it that way, and it's everlasting with no break. Just ponder on that.
Also, I don't "choose religion" over videogames. I don't want to play certain videogames because I do not want to do something that doesn't glorify God. Enjoying life and having fun can be glorifying to God when done right. You can enjoy and have fun playing a lot of the games you guys play, but are they, for me, something that glorify's and Honors the one I serve? Anything that promotes/features things the Bible is against, I have a serious problem with. And it goes from "harmless fun" to "danger zone." I don't have any desire to play such games. For me the "choice" is automatic. The very name of "Demon Hearts" is an instant red flag.

One more time, just think about the reality of Hell. What if it is real? What if you are on your way there? These are some of life's most important questions.

Aeterna Games | Æ

• Game Developer and Creator of Aeterna Games | Æ
  • Level 10: Jelli
  • I‘m a big fan of Escape-Rooms =)
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #24 on: September 30, 2020, 02:33:19 PM »
@Christian Game Maker
You already are in hell. XD
It’s this topic or even the whole planet we live in. ;)
My Projects:

CGM

• Master Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 30, 2020, 02:45:42 PM »
What proof do you have? It's a lie that Heaven and Hell are here on earth. Earth is like a holding cell for those damned to Hell. For me, as a Christian, it's my job to warn as many people as possible about Hell and how to escape from it. If nobody wants to hear me, that's up to them. It's simply my job to get the good news out that Jesus Christ made a way for us to escape Hell.

Compared to Hell, this place is very nice. Hell is quite different. It's the place that's far worse than your worst nightmare, and far worse than your worst imagination. We're talking about a place of constant extreme torture with no end. You don't have to be there for eternity! It's our sin, lying, stealing, adultery, blasphemy, things like that that end us in Hell. Jesus, when He died on the cross, when He said, "It is finsihed," He was saying, "The debt has been paid." We can never pay for sin in Hell. We're imperfect. But Jesus was perfect. His perfect blood can wash away our sin, and make us pure. While there's still an imperfect part of us, we're given new desires when we become Christians. We don't want to do what's wrong, and we don't take pleasure in doing what is wrong. Instead, guilt comes upon us, unlike before many of those activities didn't phase us. This doesn't apply to everything, but for some things it does. I'd feel that my conscience is violated if I played gams like "Demon Hearts." It is for this reason I do not wish to play it.

Antikore

• View Profile
    • PBuilder Resources
« Reply #26 on: September 30, 2020, 09:18:47 PM »
What proof do you have? It's a lie that Heaven and Hell are here on earth. Earth is like a holding cell for those damned to Hell. For me, as a Christian, it's my job to warn as many people as possible about Hell and how to escape from it. If nobody wants to hear me, that's up to them. It's simply my job to get the good news out that Jesus Christ made a way for us to escape Hell.

Compared to Hell, this place is very nice. Hell is quite different. It's the place that's far worse than your worst nightmare, and far worse than your worst imagination. We're talking about a place of constant extreme torture with no end. You don't have to be there for eternity! It's our sin, lying, stealing, adultery, blasphemy, things like that that end us in Hell. Jesus, when He died on the cross, when He said, "It is finsihed," He was saying, "The debt has been paid." We can never pay for sin in Hell. We're imperfect. But Jesus was perfect. His perfect blood can wash away our sin, and make us pure. While there's still an imperfect part of us, we're given new desires when we become Christians. We don't want to do what's wrong, and we don't take pleasure in doing what is wrong. Instead, guilt comes upon us, unlike before many of those activities didn't phase us. This doesn't apply to everything, but for some things it does. I'd feel that my conscience is violated if I played gams like "Demon Hearts." It is for this reason I do not wish to play it.
If you want to experience the true hell, go on my side: I have to wake up at 6:30 o' clock at the morning and go to class with a fricking covid mask during whole 7 hours, listening to a boring class of how teamworks are better when working together and bla bla bla, without rest for breathing a bit.
Ah, of course, that from monday to friday, with no exception due to covid.

PD: "The road to hell is paved with good intentions"
« Last Edit: September 30, 2020, 09:22:55 PM by Antikore »

Mechasaur

• No Normies Allowed
  • Proud Admin of Plugger's Zone
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 30, 2020, 10:17:58 PM »
Ugh...I'd think you guys would know not to say things like that 'cause then I'll give a speech. (Referring to the modified meme with Mario in it)

What if you did end up in Hell, forever and ever? Seriously. Just think about that. Not the kind portrayed in videogames and movies, but rather, the kind where there is no way out because God made it that way, and it's everlasting with no break. Just ponder on that.
Also, I don't "choose religion" over videogames. I don't want to play certain videogames because I do not want to do something that doesn't glorify God. Enjoying life and having fun can be glorifying to God when done right. You can enjoy and have fun playing a lot of the games you guys play, but are they, for me, something that glorify's and Honors the one I serve? Anything that promotes/features things the Bible is against, I have a serious problem with. And it goes from "harmless fun" to "danger zone." I don't have any desire to play such games. For me the "choice" is automatic. The very name of "Demon Hearts" is an instant red flag.

One more time, just think about the reality of Hell. What if it is real? What if you are on your way there? These are some of life's most important questions.

I guess you're not going to like Helltaker then  ;)

Spoiler
Lucifer is best girl don't @ me

War

• "The top player is here!"
  • Level 20: Nobom
    • View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #28 on: October 01, 2020, 08:12:37 AM »
It's a lie that Heaven and Hell are here on earth
Hey, wassup wassup? My name is Warrior555MainsGanon (but just call me War) and I'm the main guy behind Megaman Zero Online and the upcoming Matt's Adventure! I don't speak often here but I'm a very friendly lad so if you wanna talk, don't hesitate!

CGM

• Master Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 01, 2020, 04:26:43 PM »
@Antikore That sounds miserable. I hope and pray things get better for you soon. ;) As for that being the "true Hell," take that misery and multiply it by...(I'm thinking of something that sounds accurate...) X1000, without any break. Without sleep. That's Hell. You think life here is miserable? It's paradise compared to Hell. We live in a broken world.

@warrior People come up with weird things like that. Quit trying to make a joke out of something that isn't funny.

And as for Mechasaur who told me not to "@" him, (really this is directed to all readers) I don't really have much to say other than that I'm praying for all of you guys.