Author Topic: Auto runner help  (Read 1404 times)

Hatster

• Level 0: Bipi
    • View Profile
Auto runner help
« on: March 06, 2021, 04:26:06 AM »
I'm making an runner game where you have to defeat an enemy to beat the levels, could someone help me on what the Runner b running speed is and how to make levels loop seamlessly without any obvious looping shenanigans?

Antikore

• Developing Mortal Theater at day, developing depression at night.
  • Level 22: Trex
  • Enjoying Platform Builder from the very start
    • View Profile
    • PBuilder Resources
Re: Auto runner help
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2021, 12:00:16 PM »
I'm making an runner game where you have to defeat an enemy to beat the levels, could someone help me on what the Runner b running speed is and how to make levels loop seamlessly without any obvious looping shenanigans?
I'm not really sure about the true speed but you can play a bit with physics settings.
Also, I'm not sure what you mean with looping shenanigans but if you wanna make levels loop seamlessly you can use looping command prompts for that. If you feel it a bit laggy, you can use staggered looping for that concrete action.
Sorry because my English is not very good because I'm Spanish ;) :P

Gizgord

• average
  • Level 18: Statix
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2021, 12:43:07 AM »
I don't think that's what they meant, Antikore.
I thought about it and there's no direct way to do such a thing. you have to move the character manually, here's a few ideas on how you could do that.
-'move player1, [spawn block ID1]'. that's the simplest way to do it, although you can't really move the player if spawn is out of camera bounds. that's a huge problem, but there is a somewhat-workaround. set distance to 9 (farthest) and check if you can see the spawn point (from the point when you want to move the player). if you can, that's great. you can run a command to set 'distance=9' for just a couple frames, then move the player. not 'seamless' at all, best you can do on that department is to mask it with some effects2.
-'player1 x - [amount of pixels]'. click on the little icon in lower-right corner and check 'View Coordinates'. now write down the X coordinate of where you want the looping to start and when to end. subtract those numbers and write it in the command. this could be the best solution.
-go to area settings, and set a goal - when 'Reached far right', command 'area [ID of area], [ID of player spawn]'. you can also do that with invisible command blocks. I don't know about that one, but it's something to try.

hope that gave you some ideas, or helped you a tiny bit. 8)

1 found in 'invisible blocks' section in your item box.
2 graphical effects. you can see all of them when you create a new custom… item, for example. command is 'fx=[ID]' or 'fx=[effect name].

Antikore

• Developing Mortal Theater at day, developing depression at night.
  • Level 22: Trex
  • Enjoying Platform Builder from the very start
    • View Profile
    • PBuilder Resources
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2021, 01:31:22 PM »
I don't think that's what they meant, Antikore.
I thought about it and there's no direct way to do such a thing. you have to move the character manually, here's a few ideas on how you could do that.
-'move player1, [spawn block ID1]'. that's the simplest way to do it, although you can't really move the player if spawn is out of camera bounds. that's a huge problem, but there is a somewhat-workaround. set distance to 9 (farthest) and check if you can see the spawn point (from the point when you want to move the player). if you can, that's great. you can run a command to set 'distance=9' for just a couple frames, then move the player. not 'seamless' at all, best you can do on that department is to mask it with some effects2.
-'player1 x - [amount of pixels]'. click on the little icon in lower-right corner and check 'View Coordinates'. now write down the X coordinate of where you want the looping to start and when to end. subtract those numbers and write it in the command. this could be the best solution.
-go to area settings, and set a goal - when 'Reached far right', command 'area [ID of area], [ID of player spawn]'. you can also do that with invisible command blocks. I don't know about that one, but it's something to try.

hope that gave you some ideas, or helped you a tiny bit. 8)

1 found in 'invisible blocks' section in your item box.
2 graphical effects. you can see all of them when you create a new custom… item, for example. command is 'fx=[ID]' or 'fx=[effect name].

You can use "player 1 = left" for example bruh
Sorry because my English is not very good because I'm Spanish ;) :P

Gizgord

• average
  • Level 18: Statix
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2021, 06:07:32 AM »
I mean... not what I had in mind but it will be a loop