Author Topic: Platform Builder Wiki!  (Read 7853 times)

CGM

• Christian, 3D artist, former Platform Builder gamdev
  • Master Builder
    • View Profile
Re: Platform Builder Wiki!
« Reply #30 on: January 17, 2019, 08:23:45 PM »
Why not make a wiki that looks like Wikipedia? I know of a good way to do this. And best of all, it wouldn't have all of those trending articles that bother me.

Alley

• The Blue Leader
  • Level 17: Clanker
  • Deals with art in PC and acting and drawing
    • View Profile
    • Team Alju5
« Reply #31 on: January 17, 2019, 08:27:44 PM »
It has 3 reasons, hope you understand:
1.- I want to create my own wiki for each game made by me.
2.- There can be a lot of repeated names on pages and will be a mess.
3.- It's my wiki, my rules. (Acting like a militar leader is NOT my intention.)

Note: You can add stuff of inside your games if they are significative in PB or in the game itself, that's the exception. You can create your own wiki too, it's free and I will love to see it with your game in depth.

Sorry if you don't like this idea, but, I think will be good for all, the wiki, the users, and the editors.

If I understand this conversation well then... You created your Wiki but you also added users and their games that are related to PB in it. We gave our contribution to update your pages and this was done after that you said you may not be accurately describing our games enough.
I, for example, am not very good at making a synopsis and all that stuff like "a little", "not too much", "exception if our stuff being really important" are really subjective depending on for whom. I don't know from where it begins "a little" and "too much" for example. Anyways, I spent a lot of hours to make my pages for IGP. Right now, Castle Chamber have still much more info in your wiki than my game or a lot of others created.

If you want to create rules you always can modify your wiki or any page by yourself and depending on how you wish. We or at least, I am not a clairvoyant to see how we can edit your wiki, how not and where and when exactly we are going to cross the borders of importance and non-importance and I even am not going to waste my time on focusing this. If I am making modifications I will do it as I see it should be done or you can make your changes by yourself!
« Last Edit: January 17, 2019, 08:28:50 PM by Alley »
Alley (T_Alj5)

Antikore

• Developing Mortal Theater at day, developing depression at night.
  • Level 22: Trex
  • Enjoying Platform Builder from the very start
    • View Profile
    • PBuilder Resources
« Reply #32 on: January 18, 2019, 08:24:11 PM »
Don't see me as a bad guy. You don't have to be a clairvoyant or anything else, you can add information of whatever you think is important.
Use these criteria, for example:
- The thing is important or significative in the game. (If you think so, add it.)
- The thing is very common to see it in the game.
If the Metal Plugger and the Gruppy Leader are important in the Lore, is ok. Your protagonist can enter as well.
Don't get angry, please. This community has to be soft.
Sorry because my English is not very good because I'm Spanish ;) :P

CGM

• Master Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 18, 2019, 08:31:53 PM »
Your not a bad guy, we just didn't fully understand the rules. And that was what I was trying to do. Keep only the major stuff in.

Antikore

• Developing Mortal Theater at day, developing depression at night.
  • Level 22: Trex
  • Enjoying Platform Builder from the very start
    • View Profile
    • PBuilder Resources
« Reply #34 on: January 20, 2019, 12:36:17 PM »
Ok, new rule: Post whatever you want.
Sorry because my English is not very good because I'm Spanish ;) :P

CGM

• Master Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 21, 2019, 05:48:09 PM »
Hmm... I wasn't expecting that...

Alley

• The Blue Leader
  • Level 17: Clanker
  • Deals with art in PC and acting and drawing
    • View Profile
    • Team Alju5
« Reply #36 on: January 21, 2019, 09:13:21 PM »
Don't see me as a bad guy. You don't have to be a clairvoyant or anything else, you can add information of whatever you think is important.
Use these criteria, for example:
- The thing is important or significative in the game. (If you think so, add it.)
- The thing is very common to see it in the game.
If the Metal Plugger and the Gruppy Leader are important in the Lore, is ok. Your protagonist can enter as well.
Don't get angry, please. This community has to be soft.
No problem. :) I may strive to misunderstand the motive of people actions but thank you for explaining!

Probably, I didn't understand the reason for this conversation because none here haven't made any pages nor content for Doom, Red Alert or about any other thing not related to PB. I felt somehow pushed back because you were going to describe things about making an enemy page and I knew that I was the only one who formatted my game page like this. I mostly try to accept rules in the sites but I don't think I am ready to work for content in sites made by other people considering my time limits. I would use my own things to advertise my own game and following the rules I find to be right because this is my priority to show some information about my own game. I found your Wiki for that and I thought why not at least for now... It is not important who made it.

I think you decided properly to give us more freedom in your rules. :) I promise, I am not going build some kind of Team Alju5 stuff nor default blue color for your Wiki. :D Every kind of work made by me and not related to PB may be mentioned but shortly as possible and in the one main page for an author.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2019, 09:15:13 PM by Alley »
Alley (T_Alj5)

CGM

• Master Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 21, 2019, 11:11:13 PM »
I just want to write stuff that is general PB stuff, and stuff related. (Such as our games, and game contents.)

CGM

• Master Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 07, 2019, 10:28:03 PM »
I keep forgetting about this wiki!