Author Topic: Invasion: Going Personal  (Read 44523 times)

CGM

• Christian, 3D artist, former Platform Builder gamdev
  • Master Builder
    • View Profile
Re: Invasion: Going Personal
« Reply #150 on: August 26, 2019, 04:06:23 PM »
You're welcome Alley! Yes, I love advertising great PB games to people. Yours is truly an amazing game. I'd say it's 2nd to ASM currently. That's not coming just from me by the way. I love IGP. It is truly an instant PB classic. I hope it is remembered for years to come as one of the first PB games!

War

• "The top player is here!"
  • Level 20: Nobom
    • View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #151 on: August 28, 2019, 02:49:49 PM »
 :)
Hey, wassup wassup? My name is Warrior555MainsGanon (but just call me War) and I'm the main guy behind Megaman Zero Online and the upcoming Matt's Adventure! I don't speak often here but I'm a very friendly lad so if you wanna talk, don't hesitate!

Alley

• The Blue Leader
  • Level 17: Clanker
  • Deals with art in PC and acting and drawing
    • View Profile
    • Team Alju5
« Reply #152 on: September 16, 2019, 09:44:31 PM »
Weaponry Patrol

My latest and penultimate special level is now in front of you which is extra to the Incoming Forces after beating the level called as Mining Facility. This challenge and survival level for the fourth world represents constant ship movement and includes a few new special effects also.
The plot for the given level is that you run for a personal task by catching ship patrol from the bridge before it can move away. The mission is to prevent the attack of the ships to the peaceful village. While completing the mission, it is required to infiltrate the enemy cruiser to defuse it and to destroy with it its whole patrol. In practice, it's required to be fast, move from ship to ship, and dodge from these attacks to finally reach the cruiser where the orb will appear which will confirm successful completion of the mission.

Other updates

With the given update, the whole remaining game has been fixed and improved also that can be read about as follows.
  • In a Title menu and at the beginning of the levels there is Platform Builder default music for the levels instead of the new used OGG music.
  • Some settings such as max health won't save to the gameplay progress.
  • Being in the role of a scene cut it is possible to heal the player from an inventory although the message will be shown about an inability to heal.
  • Small areas with a key in Storage Facility from World 2 needs a tiny re-setup to fit with the other areas where the alarm has been activated.
  • The wrong player used in alarming area from a Storage Facility where a yellow door has been used causes default health amount being used again from a moment on when the mentioned place will be visited.
  • There is no sound for some newly created elements from a level called Power Plant in world 3.
  • In a Mining Facility from World 4, there are lifts that, when approaching sneakily, may start moving before the player has reached those.
  • In a River of Fury from World 5 there takes place a glitchy long jump by exiting the secret.
  • Some redesign for texts is needed in messages boxes to cut out the possibility for sentences being split into 2 message boxes nastily.
More

A video with the latest created level can be viewed as follows:

Note! An update is available at Explore. If you will enter my game from Explore but Platform Builder will not tell you about an update being available after that it checks then just uninstall "Invasion: Going Personal" from an Explore and install it again! TingThing let me know that an update is ready and I almost was going to report about the game still not being up to date but somehow I got an idea that I should try uninstalling the game and installing again... It helped so it is actually there.
Alley (T_Alj5)

Setap

• The Conservative Romanian Republic of Setap
  • Level 13: Porcuprick
  • Developer of the Super Adventure series
    • View Profile
    • Setap's Website
« Reply #153 on: September 17, 2019, 05:26:57 AM »

uh......
setapdede Productions 2016-2022

War

• "The top player is here!"
  • Level 20: Nobom
    • View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #154 on: September 17, 2019, 06:22:53 AM »
Whoops !
You got a glitch !
Hey, wassup wassup? My name is Warrior555MainsGanon (but just call me War) and I'm the main guy behind Megaman Zero Online and the upcoming Matt's Adventure! I don't speak often here but I'm a very friendly lad so if you wanna talk, don't hesitate!

Alley

• The Blue Leader
    • View Profile
    • Team Alju5
« Reply #155 on: September 17, 2019, 02:32:27 PM »

uh......
:o This is very nasty. :( Those type of things are not accepted in my game but for me, the game worked properly or at least not that bad. I thought it may be a compatibility problem in PB because you use Standard in a game which has been made with PRO but... I want to be sure my game does not have that glitch and it is difficult to understand the glitch or find it if you just show the picture.
Please help me and describe how that happened there from the screenshot! Anyway, if it is not a glitch caused by my mistake it should be reported to TingThing then.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2019, 03:01:15 PM by Alley »
Alley (T_Alj5)

Setap

• View Profile
    • Setap's Website
« Reply #156 on: September 17, 2019, 02:57:33 PM »
:o This is very nasty. :( Those type of things are not accepted in my game but for me, the game worked properly or at least not that bad. I thought it may be a compatibility problem in PB because you use Standard in a game which has been made with PRO but... I want to be sure my game does not have that glitch and it is difficult to understand the glitch or find it if you just show the picture.
Please help me and describe how that happened there from the screenshot! Anyway, if it is not a glitch caused by my mistake it should be reported to TingThing then.

I think it's a glitch in the main game becuse i thing i made it somewhere else too. But if you ask how this happend well i just jumped into the wall then the character floted along side the wall and then i jumped a few times and thats how that happend.

Alley

• The Blue Leader
    • View Profile
    • Team Alju5
« Reply #157 on: September 17, 2019, 03:01:28 PM »
I tried to see if I can cause the same problem again and considering that there have been some glitchy moments with the slopes or between the solid blocks and slope in PB I tried to push the player inside the wall which was quite an easy to do. :-\ It is a PB glitch because if you watch the shape then tiles have been set properly but I think I can fix the glitch by using invisible CMD blocks to move the player back left when being close to that side... :)

However, to be sure you met the same problem as I did and that there are no more known problems then please answer! :) Did the glitch happen between 2 tiles shown with an orange line and in about a spot shown with a red circle?
« Last Edit: September 17, 2019, 03:04:56 PM by Alley »
Alley (T_Alj5)

Mechasaur

• No Normies Allowed
  • Proud Admin of Plugger's Zone
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: September 17, 2019, 03:25:17 PM »
weaponry patrol looks fun

I like it  8)

Alley

• The Blue Leader
    • View Profile
    • Team Alju5
« Reply #159 on: September 17, 2019, 03:28:55 PM »
Thanks! :) But this level is very hard and needs some calm mind and patience to accomplish because ships are moving slowly and some people may get annoyed if, for example dying on a final ship(the cruiser).
« Last Edit: September 17, 2019, 03:29:32 PM by Alley »
Alley (T_Alj5)

Mechasaur

• No Normies Allowed
  • Proud Admin of Plugger's Zone
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: September 17, 2019, 03:29:33 PM »
of course, that is to be expected

Setap

• View Profile
    • Setap's Website
« Reply #161 on: September 17, 2019, 05:32:20 PM »
I tried to see if I can cause the same problem again and considering that there have been some glitchy moments with the slopes or between the solid blocks and slope in PB I tried to push the player inside the wall which was quite an easy to do. :-\ It is a PB glitch because if you watch the shape then tiles have been set properly but I think I can fix the glitch by using invisible CMD blocks to move the player back left when being close to that side... :)

However, to be sure you met the same problem as I did and that there are no more known problems then please answer! :) Did the glitch happen between 2 tiles shown with an orange line and in about a spot shown with a red circle?
Yes

Alley

• The Blue Leader
    • View Profile
    • Team Alju5
« Reply #162 on: September 17, 2019, 06:01:06 PM »
Thank you for revealing the issue from the game! But also... I hope this quickly found glitch did not make you quit already now because I see you have run my game at least. :)

I'll make sure that this glitch will not exist in the next update of my game or PB or that it won't be that simple to cause this glitch. Fixing such things completely and for sure is never guaranteed because I have programmed games too and I know how difficult is to program a perfect collision system. :-\
« Last Edit: September 17, 2019, 06:05:28 PM by Alley »
Alley (T_Alj5)

Setap

• View Profile
    • Setap's Website
« Reply #163 on: September 17, 2019, 06:10:36 PM »
Thank you for revealing the issue from the game! But also... I hope this quickly found glitch did not make you quit already now because I see you have run my game at least. :)

I'll make sure that this glitch will not exist in the next update of my game or PB or that it won't be that simple to cause this glitch. Fixing such things completely and for sure is never guaranteed because I have programmed games too and I know how difficult is to program a perfect collision system. :-\
Indded!

Alley

• The Blue Leader
    • View Profile
    • Team Alju5
« Reply #164 on: October 18, 2019, 03:28:23 PM »
I believe I was a tough and long one before making breaks with my latest project, Invasion: Going Personal. Now, I know my break like time from PB has been long already but this is how time moves on. I still don't plan to start working on the next level. I haven't lost my inspiration with Doom alpha modding and it is possible that I may want to make all alpha before I will take another level for IGP because I really would like to have my own created enemies in one of my games that have been set from the beginning to the end. I canceled my goals with Doom modding because I wasn't very appreciated only but also bullied. This forum and some other communities where I am a member are much better and calm ones but I am not very popular with Invasion also and I feel that I can do some really big thing in Doom now when I have quit my job for money and when I have more time.

I still keep IGP on my high priority, however, so I plan to create the latest special level for IGP whenever I feel I have made something fairly big for my personal pleasure and honor. :)
« Last Edit: October 18, 2019, 03:33:21 PM by Alley »
Alley (T_Alj5)