Author Topic: Invasion: Going Personal  (Read 44292 times)

Alley

• The Blue Leader
  • Level 17: Clanker
  • Deals with art in PC and acting and drawing
    • View Profile
    • Team Alju5
Re: Invasion: Going Personal
« Reply #75 on: December 05, 2018, 09:38:31 PM »
I decided to move Invasion: Going Personal to another level by working something different than levels to keep myself excited but also to keep working still with this project. :)

Yeah, I added ending scenes and ending credits to the end of the final fight to include more feel about experiencing some story inside of the game like you would live in the whole of a movie or something like this if playing from the beginning to the end. The first version of the ending scene cut. O:-) Maybe more interesting part of the game for Christian Game Maker because once you beat the game you will restore the beautiful part of nature, tolerance, and calmness between the people and the main character enjoying mountains with no noisy technology nor wickedness. O:-)
« Last Edit: December 17, 2018, 09:15:42 PM by Alley »
Alley (T_Alj5)

CGM

• Christian, 3D artist, former Platform Builder gamdev
  • Master Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: December 05, 2018, 09:51:23 PM »
WOW!!! That credit sequence is awesome! I know how you did it though. Simply create a background with the text, then create a timeline that starts long up at the top of the credits. Then the camera comes down and goes through the credits.

CGM

• Master Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: December 05, 2018, 10:06:47 PM »
Am I right? (Can we chat on steam too?)

Alley

• The Blue Leader
    • View Profile
    • Team Alju5
« Reply #78 on: December 05, 2018, 10:15:06 PM »
Not exactly right! I think a big credits course with all that text would be difficult to make because of no idea where exactly the background would be positioned, plus how big this file would be. This is why I used custom tiles instead for text. Then I wrote everything using my letters. :)
But yeah...  I used a background with foreground text to cover the screen for previous scenes. :)

I come to a Steam but only for bit. I am actually sick and wanted to do what I planned today.  :-\
« Last Edit: December 05, 2018, 10:17:41 PM by Alley »
Alley (T_Alj5)

CGM

• Master Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: December 05, 2018, 10:54:59 PM »
Ah. I'm doing what I think you did. Writing text like that seems awfully difficult.

Alley

• The Blue Leader
    • View Profile
    • Team Alju5
« Reply #80 on: December 06, 2018, 03:29:46 PM »
It is not that difficult to write than time-consuming because instead of typing you have to click and search again for each letter.  ::) It was a bit difficult to make small letters so those would look good also in PB and so those would fit inside a tile sheet but later part is for sure not that difficult.
Using tiles also allows you to fix your mistakes in grammar easily if you have made some mistakes because of letters to choose instead of a whole picture that needs a picture editing.

Maybe, I also should mention that I didn't cause a camera to jump anyhow for showing "The End" screen but end the game. This allows going back directly from ending credits to the title when credits have been run through. This means a victory screen only have a black screen including "The End" text. :)
« Last Edit: December 06, 2018, 03:34:28 PM by Alley »
Alley (T_Alj5)

CGM

• Master Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: December 06, 2018, 09:02:24 PM »
I see... So the credits can only be seen if you do the entire game? Why not make a credits door in land of dreams? Not the ending cutscene, but to just show the credits.

Alley

• The Blue Leader
    • View Profile
    • Team Alju5
« Reply #82 on: December 07, 2018, 02:33:31 PM »
Fundamentally ending scenes and credits can be seen when you beat a final boss. You can consider it as a special reward now if there is a chance to play every level without beating the previous one. However, for now, I am very interested in showing news and something special made by me and I didn't add any conditionals for cutting those scenes out from Land of Dreams.
Credits are reasonable also to be reachable also if the game will be done because of a chance to see who have made the contents for the game and so I may consider about this but without ending scenes then unless there would be such kind of unlockables... ::) For now, Land of Dreams allows you to skip the most of the game but you still have to beat a final boss to see ending scenes and credits.

I'll let you know if I decide to simplify my game even more or change any rules. :)
« Last Edit: December 07, 2018, 02:34:20 PM by Alley »
Alley (T_Alj5)

CGM

• Master Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: December 07, 2018, 06:48:21 PM »
Ah. Okay. I think I should say my game is in very early stages as well. It could take 2 more years to finish it.

Alley

• The Blue Leader
    • View Profile
    • Team Alju5
« Reply #84 on: December 17, 2018, 09:04:13 PM »
I decided to call another level done for moving forward right after that I have done recording videos and when I have done my more complicated project for a vacation. :) I don't think I will reach to make anything notable yet before that vacation...

Another level that will be the first special level for World 1 is in hills where some kind of construction is in progress. There are a lot of pits down and using patience and speed and skills at the same time you have to keep an eye on a moving platform which must be not left behind nor let forward away.
Moreover, you can follow all of my gameplay about my game from my channel now. So if you have no patience enough to beat my game but you like my game otherwise viewing my channel may be your alternative for an experience. :)

Note that although called as complete is not meant to be complete actually but ready enough for Alpha. None of the levels is fully done actually and considering that my sister said she like Industry of Hills because its intensity even more than Power Plant which is more done with its decorations I am sure that the level shape has been made and level itself ready enough to play. :)
« Last Edit: December 17, 2018, 09:07:59 PM by Alley »
Alley (T_Alj5)

Turqo

• I'm here, then I'm not
  • Level 4: Sparr
  • toad voice lol
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: December 27, 2018, 10:51:01 PM »
Hey there Alley! I just wanted to say that I think your game is going great. It's sort of a showcase on what you can do with Platform Builder, with the advanced obstacles, bosses, mechanisms and graphical effects. I enjoy the challenge, but I guess I can see why some people find it too hard. Also, I'm loving the similarities to Mario Forever, like with the "Industry of Hills" stage, for example. It's actually really nostalgic for me, haha. But don't get me wrong, it has its own uniqueness with its good stage ideas and challenge.   :)
Currently Working on: a super, special, secret game thing (and Adventure Joruney: Origins)
Have a great day!

- Turqo

CGM

• Master Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: December 28, 2018, 09:13:07 AM »
Aha! That's a good way to put it in! Epicz!

Turqo

• I'm here, then I'm not
  • Level 4: Sparr
  • toad voice lol
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: December 28, 2018, 05:44:45 PM »
Aha! That's a good way to put it in! Epicz!

Thanks, I've been playing Invasion quite a bit lately.
Currently Working on: a super, special, secret game thing (and Adventure Joruney: Origins)
Have a great day!

- Turqo

CGM

• Master Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: December 29, 2018, 02:15:49 AM »
Cool! I like it as well. I once tried to make an easier version. I decided to wait until the final release.

Alley

• The Blue Leader
    • View Profile
    • Team Alju5
« Reply #89 on: December 31, 2018, 12:17:40 AM »
Hey there, TheEpicz1 and welcome back! :) Thank you for picking some time to stop on my game page and letting me know about your activity and opinion on my game! Also reading your comment on my game then I can see that you have understood my goal making this game very well and I am happy to know that I have been successful filling this goal for someone. And I don't argue about a difficulty anymore either... It is quite frustrating also for me here and there sometimes. Platform Builder has been changed a lot too and the physics is different probably which make my game more complicated although no improper. Metal Plugger can be an even bigger deal than The Gruppy Leader in the final level. :D
I still can't agree about the first meeting with The Gruppy Leader is hard because I basically beat this boss just by doing very primitive and repetitive moves only. :P

Also, thank you too, Christian Game Maker, for coming over! :) It's okay that you quitted your simplified version for the game for now because I understand how difficult is to keep the game updated when its original keeps updated frequently as well and with a very complicated mechanics.
For now, I wait to see your trailer for my game, however, with full of excitement. It is not your duty but you said you want to do it and I changed my plans to make it possible for you to make this trailer. Doing this some things was paused for some moment for sure. I am sure you would make a very good job but if in some kind of reason you are not able to do it shortly then please let me know!
« Last Edit: December 31, 2018, 12:20:42 AM by Alley »
Alley (T_Alj5)