Author Topic: Invasion: Going Personal  (Read 44286 times)

CGM

• Christian, 3D artist, former Platform Builder gamdev
  • Master Builder
    • View Profile
Re: Invasion: Going Personal
« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2018, 06:49:29 PM »
Ahhh, Storage facility I did it! So i'll try to uninstall you're game on the other pc and try it again! I'll let you know if it works!

Alley

• The Blue Leader
  • Level 17: Clanker
  • Deals with art in PC and acting and drawing
    • View Profile
    • Team Alju5
« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2018, 06:53:21 PM »
Okay!  :)  Please do it! But do I understand correctly then that you basically can play my game and also understand your objective?  :)
« Last Edit: February 24, 2018, 06:59:00 PM by Alley »
Alley (T_Alj5)

CGM

• Master Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 24, 2018, 07:31:45 PM »
Yes. And on tapatalk, you said that you weren't very popular, but on this topic you have more posts than anyone on here!

Alley

• The Blue Leader
    • View Profile
    • Team Alju5
« Reply #18 on: February 24, 2018, 07:52:42 PM »
Well, I don't have no much public and even no people reaching here faster than to somewhere else but yes, there are now more posts than everywhere else in this forum because of the circumstances.  :P  This is more like a conversation between 2 people than posting in a way like it should happen in a forums but for resolving misunderstandings. And I am grateful that you was here for me that long because I would begin to think and search for bugs and glitches from my game may-be but with your help it seems to be solved enough for us already now.  :)
I am glad that you however, can play this because now I know that there are still no too important mistakes by myself that needs to be fixed. Just every game is too powerful for some PC. I know that my game may be not easy to understand what is happening there but my game is actually just incomplete and right now I am making the best parts from my game to be more motivated keeping myself busy on a one project only. I am dealing with such problems so this game should become more understandable step by step in the future.  :)
« Last Edit: February 24, 2018, 07:56:04 PM by Alley »
Alley (T_Alj5)

CGM

• Master Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 25, 2018, 02:43:35 PM »
I understand what's happening... But I tried it on another one of my pc's, and it has some problem. I send e-mails to ting thing about issues that don't happen to other pc's. My files might need patching from ting and that might fix the problem. And about those sprites...

Alley

• The Blue Leader
    • View Profile
    • Team Alju5
« Reply #20 on: February 25, 2018, 02:50:46 PM »
Then now as I promised it's time to send you my sprites although rather spritesheets and tilesheet for enemies, projectiles and items to make something new and to make some hidden triggers for some new gameplay experience.  :)
I'll try to do it today if you are still interested.  :)
Alley (T_Alj5)

CGM

• Master Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 25, 2018, 02:56:49 PM »
Thank you alley! Did you make them or are they from the internet? Cause If you made them you're a very good artist on the computer! And yes I am still very interested!

Alley

• The Blue Leader
    • View Profile
    • Team Alju5
« Reply #22 on: February 25, 2018, 03:09:43 PM »
Yes. :)  Tank content have been downloaded from the internet. Other new content have been made by me from the beginning and by editing some from Platform Builder itself. So thank you for your comment! :)
At night I try to prepare the files for you when my responsibilities at home have been done.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2018, 03:23:49 PM by Alley »
Alley (T_Alj5)

CGM

• Master Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 25, 2018, 03:40:48 PM »
Thanks!

Alley

• The Blue Leader
    • View Profile
    • Team Alju5
« Reply #24 on: February 25, 2018, 08:28:47 PM »
Here are graphics made for making my game working properly. As following you can read about something that you may not understand and that you should know before using my content.
  • Because Platform Builder does not allow new sprites but just replacements then you must consider that you will lose something that you had before in your game. If you lose something you used in your game then it may mess up your levels a bit or more. If you want to use something you download from me then you may need to edit my content so you will replace something else than I did. You must consider that Microsoft Paint will remove any transparency and so also in your game which means you need to use some certain application for editing my files. You also have to know how Platform Builder reads a spritesheets and tilesets. I recommend you to save a separate slot for temporary game in Platform Builder for learning and testing if you don't know how custom graphics works but you still want to replace another things than I did. If you prefer my sprites rather than original ones then you are ready to use my files already now.  :)
  • Although Platform Builder reads my files as for custom enemies, projectiles, items and tilesets I actually made those for the whole system to not make only custom tiles and sprites but also to combine new triggers and hacks that can be done by merging several things together... For example with no sprite you can make an invisible enemy, item or projectile for making triggers. With the same tile as existing one in Platform Builder you can leave an impression like there is nothing such like a dumb enemy or item but only your own effect/function that actually will be triggered by something you have made because you can't place your triggers perhaps enemies nor items on the solid objectsin real. Different look from already existing graphics in Platform Builder can be used to make an alternative death frames for standing enemies if making and using your custom enemies correctly with my tileset. Some tiles are actually sprites for custom enemies in order to animate and damage player that can be made correctly if your custom enemies have been set to be invincible and with no moving speed. Cannons on tileset can be useful if you wish to have passive/broken weapons.
  • You may need more files from me in the future because my game need even more new tiles and sprites for more custom graphics, hacks and triggers.
I hope you know how to use custom graphics and/or that you understand some of my guidelines and tips.  :)
« Last Edit: June 11, 2018, 03:41:39 PM by Alley »
Alley (T_Alj5)

CGM

• Master Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 26, 2018, 12:30:43 AM »
Thanks for the advice! Even though I already knew that, It's nice to have it in writing so I can remember better. I have made custom items and projectiles, seggaw told me about paint.net to use to edit. Thanks for the files!

Alley

• The Blue Leader
    • View Profile
    • Team Alju5
« Reply #26 on: February 26, 2018, 09:13:34 AM »
No problem. :) I use Game Maker to make additional modifications for the sprites and tiles because it have also a sprite editing system. But I use Paint first for easier sprite editing and for targeting right positions and sizes. :)
Alley (T_Alj5)

CGM

• Master Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 03, 2018, 01:33:12 PM »
Alley, in fear house could you have a checkpoint where after the puzzle you have the blocks that appear and dissappear when your near them. That could be helpful.

Alley

• The Blue Leader
    • View Profile
    • Team Alju5
« Reply #28 on: March 03, 2018, 04:09:08 PM »
I have 2 checkpoints in that level. One is before the miniboss but one of those is in the half of the level also before the second puzzle. But I understand where are you pointing at.  :)  The levels are too long to reach that few checkpoints.
Every puzzle ends with a more difficult part of this so the truth is that the puzzle is actually quite a simple part of my game if you know where to go. Especially the first one considering that there are quite a few damaging and killing factors out there before the dark area. So if I would place more checkpoints for this level then the only challenging part for them who know how to solve the puzzle would be dark areas only before the boss of course. :)

I have been thinking about publishing a version for beginners as an [/font][/size]"Easy" game mode for my game however, considering how few players and builders there are for the public. ::)
« Last Edit: March 03, 2018, 04:22:25 PM by Alley »
Alley (T_Alj5)

CGM

• Master Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 03, 2018, 04:18:55 PM »
Yeah, I know... I wish I could do an easy version, is it possible? Cause I was thinking of the same thing!