Author Topic: Invasion: Going Personal  (Read 44289 times)

Alley

• The Blue Leader
  • Level 17: Clanker
  • Deals with art in PC and acting and drawing
    • View Profile
    • Team Alju5
Re: Invasion: Going Personal
« Reply #30 on: March 03, 2018, 04:25:49 PM »
I could save my game as an open source otherwise but it would remove custom graphics for you...  :-\  This would mean broken levels everywhere where I used custom tilesets for extra graphics and triggers.
I must think about it. May-be contacting with Ting_Ting to allow full open source for you or must wait before I do something by myself.

I am glad you are interested to pass my game anyways.  :)

UPDATE:

Oh, I tested it by myself now and I think it should work also for you because I could do it without getting any error about tampering.  :-* So please do exactly as I say for more possibilites that you can copy my game successfully! :)
  • Download "Slot8.zip". I added an attachment for this post.
  • Create a new game with "Advanced mode" in Platform Builder but don't save even no single changes. Platform Builder detects worlds to be always changed so if it asks if you want to save then answer "No". If you fail you can delete that slot and start creating your slot again.
  • Outside Platform Builder overwrite the slot that you created with my directory from previously downloaded zip. If your slot have another number than mine then just rename my file from "Slot8" to "Slot7" for example depending what slot do you have. You must overwrite the slot in "Appdata" directory. For me it exists as follows: "C:\Users\Alley\AppData\Local\Platform_Builder" where "Alley" is username for my PC.
  • Open your created slot and my game should be under your control.  :)  Complaint about tampering should not happen probably because you just try to add new files and you don't merge 2 games to one which would cause conflict between other person's copyright with your game.
  • Please let me know if it however won't work for you.
Anyone else who thinks that my game should be easier then they can ask my game files for modification from here or I have any no problems also if Christian Game Maker would make a simplificed version for my game so it should be suitable to anyone. I spend more time on basic version of this game for faster progress. :)
« Last Edit: March 04, 2018, 12:56:52 AM by Alley »
Alley (T_Alj5)

CGM

• Christian, 3D artist, former Platform Builder gamdev
  • Master Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 05, 2018, 11:18:11 PM »
Too bad! I can't edit because of the file tampering detected error! In my private messages to ting, the problem can't be fixed between us... Ting is our only hope!

Alley

• The Blue Leader
    • View Profile
    • Team Alju5
« Reply #32 on: March 10, 2018, 07:21:48 PM »
That's really weird because I know such tampering error message and that is why I also tried to find a way by myself before sending my files to here.  ???  I tested it and doing as I explained previously I could open and edit my copied files properly. Are you sure that you did everything excactly as I said?
Alley (T_Alj5)

CGM

• Master Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 13, 2018, 05:47:51 PM »
Yes... I could double check to see if I followed the directions to the letter.

Alley

• The Blue Leader
    • View Profile
    • Team Alju5
« Reply #34 on: March 16, 2018, 09:46:56 PM »
And... Was your next attempt after focusing harder on my guidelines successful? ::)
Alley (T_Alj5)

CGM

• Master Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 17, 2018, 04:00:25 AM »
I'm sorry to not report. I have been quite busy and haven't been using PB for some time now because I feel like working on my game once the next update is released for the timeline. And no... I understood the directions, and did miss one thing, but still, nothing works. I think we should be contacting ting to solve this, or wait for him to read this. I won't be posting for a few days unless a reply is posted or a topic is created etc... I want to reply ASAP (As soon as possible). I read every new topic, and I love to chat. So I sortof get a little disappointed when there's nothing on the forums. See ya!

Alley

• The Blue Leader
    • View Profile
    • Team Alju5
« Reply #36 on: March 17, 2018, 02:39:51 PM »
Same here.  :(  I see for more posts in this forum because I am curious and this takes less time but I don't answer that often although in longer period of time I try to answer to everything. I have responsibilities and not only but also in my free time and using computer I have also a lot of other activies and messages to respond than here only. Typing it takes a lot of time too much for how much I have and even if I respond to some one those I feel that after that there is no much time left to accomplish something else anymore because a day is that short after the job for money. Anyways, it's better to see something new posted in this forum than seeing nothing happened here.  ::)
I would like to help you with my game but because of I could copy my game to another slot successfully outside Platform Builder then I quit with it for now. I wish I would be able to sit in front of your computer and try it by myself.  :-\  But I'll let you know if I have some new ideas how to give you access to my files. I also hope for help from Ting_Thing with this one.  ::)

UPDATE:

I contacted with Ting_Thing with this problem. I did it again by myself on my own PC to be sure that I am not talking crap and I could view and edit everything after copied those outside Platform Builder. He said that a tampering detecting will not read any other PC's or IP addresses so you probably just didn't understand my guidelines very properly.

You should contact with Ting_Thing then by yourself to allow him to see what's going wrong in your side side. I am sure he can help you because he is a developer of his application and knows the system better than me and he is also very good in teaching others. :)
« Last Edit: March 17, 2018, 04:48:39 PM by Alley »
Alley (T_Alj5)

CGM

• Master Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 17, 2018, 05:30:04 PM »
I will contact him soon, and in case you didn't know... He is the only developer of PB. And he has helped me with many things. And speaking of posting things and being busy... Where's seggaw? He quit posting a long time ago. And he would be posting more then anybody until I had showed up and the new forums had been created. I just thought I would bring him up just in case he has a setting enabled to send a notification when his name is mentioned. So I guess we are both the top posting on here if you check the stats. He might have gotten board or too busy. Anyway I'll contact Ting Thing! And thank you for letting me try to edit your game for you to fix it up to be easier. And if you don't mind, can I remove the dirty language from the game? 

Alley

• The Blue Leader
    • View Profile
    • Team Alju5
« Reply #38 on: March 17, 2018, 05:54:56 PM »
I know that Ting_Thing is the only developer for Platform Builder.  :)  In case you said it because of my guidelines... I just think that I am able to help too with a lot of things because I feel that I am able to see and understand a lot how some things have been done and I also try to help making Platform Builder better by suggestions and bug reports like we all.
Seggaw, yeah, have been quite an active here but as you can see then we all would be more active when we would have limitless amount of time. Seggaw probably just faces the same as we do that he can't do everything he wishes and tried to change how and when he spend his time on what etc.  ::)  I hope and believe he will return and will be more active again than we are when we don't have much time to spend.

Talking about my game... As I have said I am not a popular guy because of why I have very low requirements to the others. So there is no need to thank me for allowing to edit my game files as you wish. I can be happy and grateful only if somebody even notices my work and if they even want to use my content for their own games or edit my game then it is awesome for me.  O:-)  Feel free to edit my game as you like to see it! Easy version doesn't need to be just easier but also some kind of light mode and censored which have been made for weaker players and for all ages.
Alley (T_Alj5)

CGM

• Master Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 17, 2018, 06:34:26 PM »
So I can remove the dirty language right? (No need to answer that). I don't plan on changing it too much, and I would be glad to do this. After I had posted that other post, I noticed the command line topic by ting thing. It looks pretty cool! I think it'll be awesome!!! It's really going to be neat. Cause we will be able to make cut-scenes, have the area changed, and more! I can't wait for this new thing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Alley

• The Blue Leader
    • View Profile
    • Team Alju5
« Reply #40 on: March 17, 2018, 07:35:23 PM »
Yeah, I meaned this.  :)  You can make it easier and censor the language to make like a light version from this for making my game to be more compatible for more skills and every age. I am sure you would not change this too much or otherwise you just would deal with it at all.
Please let me know when you gain an access to my files!  O:-)  I also would like to try your version of my game from the Explore menu in the future.
Alley (T_Alj5)

seggaw

« Reply #41 on: March 19, 2018, 05:44:30 PM »
Well, it's not all sunshine and flowers...
The first boss was a pain... but I actually like it that way. It thought me to use defense, very cool  8)
And how did you make phases go so seamless? Also very cool.
But then there's the second world. The first half is great - pretty, fun to explore and it introduces the main theme. The second part with tanks was great, for the first 30 seconds... It was dragging out for way to long...
The third world is where I'm now. The puzzle is impressive, but I don't like the dark area. Too many pits.
This is where I am now. I'm not even halfway through, but hey - I finally played your game!  :)) ;D

CGM

• Master Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 19, 2018, 07:36:39 PM »
I'm stuck there too! That's why Ting and alley are trying to help me edit the game for it to be easy.

Alley

• The Blue Leader
    • View Profile
    • Team Alju5
« Reply #43 on: March 19, 2018, 08:22:00 PM »
To make phases go seamless I added a "Change enemy" function on a death state instead of adding just 50 hit points directly. The first and final boss actually is a queue from several similar enemies who changes only by adding a new weapon and from slow to very fast in firing and moving speed.
With the second level I don't know if someone of you have noticed but instead of regular scrolling level with tanks I actually tried to leave an impression that there are a reappearnce of the first boss who now flies with a helicopter and attacks with it in several ways. This boss appears in all boss levels where in the third one he releases a miniboss from his helicopter and where in the fourth boss you have to take helicopter down by hitting pilot 25 times to fight himself once and for all in the final level where he is mad and conserned as crasy.  ::)

Too bad to know that my game is so difficult because I really can see that the most of you here can't handle my game that well.  :-\  I just beated my game 2 days ago once again and now also including the newest although still incomplete level that you haven't seen yet. So our decision that Christian Game Maker will make another version of my game may be good because people who have got used to play more difficult games may not sense a difficulty that well also.
However, neverthless, the complaints about a difficulty I am glad that you find some things that I represented in my game to be special. And welcome back, seggaw!  O:-)
« Last Edit: March 19, 2018, 08:50:37 PM by Alley »
Alley (T_Alj5)

Alley

• The Blue Leader
    • View Profile
    • Team Alju5
« Reply #44 on: March 24, 2018, 04:30:29 PM »
You can watch every boss fight from now on... ::) I have a collection about the levels that currently exist in my game and all in order. :) All levels have been recorded from the beginning to end which means also the bosses are there. To see them you can scroll the videos if you don't bother, don't have the time or you have another reason about why to not watch everything! To enter this playlist click here!

I also want to point out the first fight. A lot of people saying it's a serious pain but note that there are actually a lot of more complicated ones available! It is no big problem anymore because Christian Game Maker released a simplified version of my game but I just want to point out that the first boss is actually easy as piece of cake and can be beaten with a bit longer than a minute or maybe even less if you are moving toward this boss with a full confidence. Yes, it is a bit complicated to beat this boss perfectly without any damage if you want to do this also quick because this boss starts to fire bullets unexpectedly later when he is mad. However, being fully focused it is a bit visible to see when the enemy is moving to another state at the same time with his flashing.

I hope that you like how these bosses look when they will be beaten and that it motivates you to try also my game again. :)
« Last Edit: March 15, 2019, 09:37:15 PM by Alley »
Alley (T_Alj5)