Author Topic: Demon Hearts  (Read 13517 times)

Antikore

• Developing Mortal Theater at day, developing depression at night.
  • Level 22: Trex
  • Enjoying Platform Builder from the very start
    • View Profile
    • PBuilder Resources
Re: Demon Hearts
« Reply #45 on: March 08, 2021, 05:42:20 PM »
Hello there, its time for some little news about my project.
First I want to say my project isn't dead. I'm still working on it. So to let this thread alive I want to show u some new thing of my game!

That will be the Savepoint from the game. You can rest and heal yourself there too!

Demon Statue from Astaroth:

You have to pray to Astaroth and lend him your Soul.

That's it so far! I will update this thread again after I'm finish with the Catacombs.
So stay tuned! ;)

Ps. The first post have been updated too. I am finally able again to show screenshots here!
Epic
Sorry because my English is not very good because I'm Spanish ;) :P

War

• "The top player is here!"
  • Level 20: Nobom
    • View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #46 on: March 10, 2021, 02:19:10 PM »
@Aeterna Games | Æ so does using checkpoints alters the story/ending? Because from what you revealed so far it looks like using the checkpoints too much can make you more and more prone to become Astaroth's slave in the end. It could be an interesting concept, but in that case, I would recommend to add a non-Astaroth checkpoint at Naberius's lair or whatever is the game's Firelink Shrine.
Hey, wassup wassup? My name is Warrior555MainsGanon (but just call me War) and I'm the main guy behind Megaman Zero Online and the upcoming Matt's Adventure! I don't speak often here but I'm a very friendly lad so if you wanna talk, don't hesitate!

cbecvil

• Level 2: Gruppy
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 18, 2021, 02:58:22 PM »
I know I'm new to this forum, but just because I'm new doesn't mean I'm young. I have lived the history of the video game from its first moment. this game, daemons hearth, to be made in platform builder, looks wonderful,  and the story it tells is the least of it. Too bad they don't put us a little video of the game. cheer up, mate.

cbecvil

• Level 2: Gruppy
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 18, 2021, 08:19:30 PM »
I'm sorry, but I can't understand why a person doesn't want to talk about demons, blood💉, exorcisms, etc. in video games. this is the order of the day, and whether we like it or not (I'm a Christian too) it shouldn't affect video game creation. Castlevania is a classic and I don't think anyone complained. in short, each one with his conscience.

Aeterna Games | Æ

• Game Developer and Creator of Aeterna Games | Æ
  • Level 10: Jelli
  • I‘m a big fan of Escape-Rooms =)
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #49 on: March 20, 2021, 10:33:05 PM »
@cbecvil
A video and beta from the game will coming soon after enough progress is done.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2021, 10:56:01 PM by Aeterna Games | Æ »
My Projects:

Mechasaur

• No Normies Allowed
  • Level 13: Porcuprick
  • Proud Admin of Plugger's Zone
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 27, 2021, 06:10:54 AM »
I'm sorry, but I can't understand why a person doesn't want to talk about demons, blood💉, exorcisms, etc. in video games. this is the order of the day, and whether we like it or not (I'm a Christian too) it shouldn't affect video game creation. Castlevania is a classic and I don't think anyone complained. in short, each one with his conscience.

at least you're understanding and reasonable about it unlike a certain someone

Aeterna Games | Æ

• View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #51 on: July 30, 2021, 03:41:26 PM »
Hello there!
Finally I'm here again and now it's time to post some new infos about this project to let it alive. So, it's not dead at all! ;)

First, I want to tell u a little more about the Story of the Game.

Story Part 2:
Spoiler
To protect his Hearts even more, Astaroth and Naberius started another dark ritual and created seven guardians to protect his Hearts. After every guardian was born, he gave every one of his 7 Hearts to give them life. But then, they realized that they wasn't easy to handle. No one wanted to obey him and do what they wanted.

The first one was full of rage and killed or hurted some of his own demons.
The second one was just eating all the time and never stopped.
The third one stole everything he could found no matter how worthless it is.
The fourth one argues with everyone all the time and cries, cuz she feels they are something better then herself.
The fifth one only wants to get more and more demons to do things with them for his own pleasure.
The sixth one just wanted to sleep and is too lazy for everything.
And the last one just stayed alone and didn't even mind and pay attention about everyone, he just ignore them, even Astaroth.

Every of his "children" was completely different so he gave them a special name. After some time, he was able to control and command most of them, but there was still one he wasn't able to control. He seems so much stronger than everyone, even himself, so Astaroth was afraid of being outbid from one of his own children and lower demons. To end this risk, he command Naberius to take his heart back and banned and lock his void body far away. After this was done, the rest of them was able to rule about some some special place of the world and hide his hearts far away of him. Now Astaroth ruled about everything and everyone and so he started to betray Naberius to defeat the last one who were able to defeat him.

Now, some more info about the Gameplay.

Gameplay Part 2:
Spoiler
You already know, that u need to find and destroy Astaroth's Hearts, so u need to defeat every remaining guardians. Now, there's is the special parts about the game. After u met Naberius the first time in his lair under the town, u are already able to play every level u want, but that's not all. After u beat 0, 2, 4 or 6 Hearts, u will be able to play the final level and fight Astaroth. The more Hearts u destroy, the more rooms the final level get. So as more u destroyed, the bigger, longer and harder the final level are. If u have 0, u fight Astaroth instantly without any rooms. For example, if u beat the forest and graveyard Heart, u will meet similar rooms fitting to the levels in the final level.

So, at last one new photo from the look of Naberius.

Dark Wizard Naberius:
Spoiler

That's it so far. I hope u still like it. I still need some Tileset for the town so I will be able to end the first playable beta.
So, stay tuned! ;)
« Last Edit: August 04, 2021, 10:01:34 PM by Aeterna Games | Æ »
My Projects:

NinthNei

• Level 1: Bizz
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 30, 2021, 07:21:33 PM »
Very much like the story concept about the hearts and the personalities of each of the demons.

It is almost like you are fighting the physical manifestations of human sins...

From the screenshots, it looks like it will be a fun and polished game.

I know art cannot be rushed and all that, but any idea when something playable will be out?

I'd like to try it once it's ready for sure  >:D
This catgirl is sadly on the last of her nine lives...
Time to make it count!

Aeterna Games | Æ

• View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #53 on: July 31, 2021, 09:56:37 AM »
Very much like the story concept about the hearts and the personalities of each of the demons.

It is almost like you are fighting the physical manifestations of human sins...

From the screenshots, it looks like it will be a fun and polished game.

I know art cannot be rushed and all that, but any idea when something playable will be out?

I'd like to try it once it's ready for sure  >:D

Thank u very much, I'm glad u like it.

About the demons or human sins. Looks like u understand what's going on. I don't tell there names now, cuz u can do that yourself. I think most
people will easily find out the meaning of it. ;)

There will be more different screens soon. I only work with custom tiles, mostly.

It will take some time, cuz it's not easy to find good custom tilesets fitting the game and make good level design, but I try my best. After the Catacombs, Graveyard, Town and Naberius Lair is done, there will be a playable beta. So it will contain 2 worlds, the overworld town and one boss in the lair.

Thanks for give it a try soon. >:D
My Projects:

Aeterna Games | Æ

• View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #54 on: August 02, 2021, 02:22:40 PM »
---NEWS---

• Main post have been updated a lot. (Added Infos & Updated every other infos and descriptions
  • Making very good progress with the game. (Lot's of new Maps are finished the last 2 days)
  • Progress Bar for the Beta-Version will coming soon to the main post.

That's all so far. :)
So, stay tuned! >:D
My Projects:

NinthNei

• Level 1: Bizz
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 02, 2021, 04:06:09 PM »
---NEWS---

• Main post have been updated a lot. (Added Infos & Updated every other infos and descriptions
  • Making very good progress with the game. (Lot's of new Maps are finished the last 2 days)
  • Progress Bar for the Beta-Version will coming soon to the main post.

That's all so far. :)
So, stay tuned! >:D

You are quite adept at building up hype for your upcoming game  O0

Hope your maps are going well, I know for myself making custom tiles etc does take a while but it is worth it.
This catgirl is sadly on the last of her nine lives...
Time to make it count!

Aeterna Games | Æ

• View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #56 on: August 03, 2021, 10:04:35 AM »
You are quite adept at building up hype for your upcoming game  O0

Hope your maps are going well, I know for myself making custom tiles etc does take a while but it is worth it.

Thank u so much for ur kind words. I just hope the building up hype won’t be for nothing. The quality of the Game must be good too.

Yes, the Maps are going well so far. 8)
My Projects:

Aeterna Games | Æ

• View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #57 on: August 07, 2021, 10:09:41 AM »
Hello again!
Here some more new little info of my game.

There are the Symbols of the 7 Guardians (6 remaining) u have to beat:

Spoiler

Names are hiding of course.

More infos coming soon. The development is going well so far! >:D
« Last Edit: August 07, 2021, 10:12:55 AM by Aeterna Games | Æ »
My Projects:

Aeterna Games | Æ

• View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #58 on: October 05, 2021, 09:57:52 AM »
Heyho!
Yeah, I‘m still alive and that project too. Sorry for beeing inactive for a while, but I was too busy in the last weeks. I just want to say that I‘m back and give that thread some sign of life. But I don’t think it’s a big problem that I was gone or inactive with this thread, cuz the Forum is still more dead that I was the last weeks so Yeah…
I‘m back here now and will show you the progress-bar soon so you will stay tuned a little more.

See ya!
My Projects:

Aeterna Games | Æ

• View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #59 on: October 30, 2021, 01:49:01 PM »
Hello again!
It's time to show you one more new info about the game. It's my custom inventory. I did the look of it myself and I'm a noob on working with graphics like in gimp and other programs. Here's a Screen about my custom inventory and how it will be look like when it's empty. It's done with gimp.

After I get it to work with showing the icons from the items and the equipment, I will show it in a short video. The custom icons are already done and the custom menu is on a good way too.

So, I hope you like it so far and see you later! ;D
My Projects: