Author Topic: [Roguelite] Mortal Theater  (Read 2768 times)

Antikore

• Developing Mortal Theater at day, developing depression at night.
  • Level 22: Trex
  • Enjoying Platform Builder from the very start
    • View Profile
    • PBuilder Resources
[Roguelite] Mortal Theater
« on: December 21, 2020, 08:18:42 AM »
Mortal Theater
Nothing is like before
Brief story:
Spoiler
Normal conversation of any generic day:
You: What? Antikore is doing a new and likely to be unfinished project???
Me: Well, yes but its not that cool 8)
You: You really have the indie spirit on you!
Me: Well, huh, I think I'm not that cool but yes, the truth can't be hidden. ;)

Heyho! It's me, Antikore, with my new 63763784848455625th project.
The first thing that would come up to your mind is... What happened to Ghawst's Corridor?
Well, this time I have a real true epic awesome excuse:
First of all, Ghawst's Corridor broke completly due to PB updates, something that needs real effort to be fixed and I'm even not enough motivated to do so.
Second of all, this project could be called an "spiritual sequel", because it keeps the main concept (its basically the same game-genre) but this game is bigger and extended, with other lore and stuff.

Now, to the real project.

Lore:
Spoiler
Welcome to the M̵̗̑ỏ̸̮r̸̦̈́t̴̯̀a̷̼͌l̷̰̽ Theater! Where our ̷̭̹̭͇̱͌́̒͝á̴̜̦̂c̷̘͕͕͒͆ͅt̶̗̫̜̪̔͆̀͂͝o̸̮͙̰̙̿͌̍͝͝r̶̫͕̘̲̃́̀̒̒ś̵̢͎̑̅̚ ̶̢̧͍̝̟̮͎̝͖̓̃͜͜͝c̷̢͔̫͔̖͔̮̯̖̦̩͛ͅͅͅa̶̧͖̬̻̭̜͖̘͌̉ń̷̡̩̠̰̣͔̀̊̈́̈́̓̎͌͂͋̕͝ ̸̛͇̟͍͎̮̤̬̬̞̰̃̈́̅̏̈́͂̽̄̾̔̾͛̕͝l̸͖̤͕̹̞͍̫̮̠͖͓̼͍̿͑̾̽̉́̾̽̄̒̋́̏͝o̶͕̜̦̱͖̪͇͖̻̗̞̟͒̾̈́̔̆̔͂̑̉̀͌̕̚͠s̷̜̥̆͋̏̌̋̚͠ȩ̴̛̲̤̱̠̙̩̼̼̳̹̥̖́̾̀͋̉̏́̀ ̸̠̺͍͚̥̝͈̬̼͉̱̇́̅͗͛̓̆̅̚͝ͅt̷͓͖̄͛̾̿̔̐̔͠h̶͙̮̳͕̙̩̝͔̞̬̫̄͑̉̆͌̋̒̅͆̽̋̅̕e̷̫̙̙̘̙͉̲̹̦̩̐͐̑̇̉͌̿̋͂̄̅́̚͝ͅi̷̢̧̜̩̳̬͖̭̗̹̼̬͕̊͒̓͊͠ͅr̵͕͕̟̖̟̩̭͆̌̊͛͛́̊̅̽͗̿ͅ ̸̺͉̯̹͐̑͂̃̽͊͐͘͘͘͝͝l̴̻̙̠̂́̐͒̀̇͘͘͝i̶̥̝͖̾̉͒̍̀̌̓̀̂̕͝v̷̼͓̭͎̠̬͈͋̊͌͛͋̈́ͅe̵͎͌͂̏ș̷̙͔̣̝̥̏ ̵̫͈̙̣̯̬̜̯͕̜̖̥͑̍̉̊͋̕͠͝ͅͅͅo̵̢̡̠̙͕͚̭̗̺̱̭̊̊́͒̉͆̉̈́͠n̴̡̨̤͙̫̝̫͇̞̠̖̱͕͒̎̿̅̑̎̚ͅͅ ̸̛̯̰̻̺͚̫̥͔̺̭̃́̒͆͘͝t̸̢̢̯̲̰͚̮͙͖̳̪͌͑͛̒̀͗̓h̴̡͖̤͇͙̬̫̥̮̯̼̲̞̭̉͗é̸͈̻͖͚̗̣̇̎͊͌͊́̉̈́͘̕͝ ̸̣͈̮́̈̔́͗̔̽̽̉̔̄̓̆͜ǎ̶̡̯͔̭̪̘̟̠̠͈̩̫̩̮̇̔ć̴̮̖̰͆̐̔̊́͘̚͠͠͝ţ̷̧̧̛̤͔̰̙̞̹̎̂̊̆̄̈́̓̽̃̚͘͠ḯ̴̛̙͈͖̞͆̎͌͐̎̀̌̋̎ơ̸̘̠͎̯̻̩͎̰͓͕̮͎̽̈́̊̈́̅͒ͅn̶͎̭̱͎͍͍̹͙̝̉̿̄͗̽͛̏͐̅͗.

"I don't know why but I feel out of this world, my only mission here is to advance through a theater without dying. I don't know what's this, but I feel like I've already l̶̜͒i̸̼̎v̵̭͠e̸̦͘d̴̞̈́ this."

Features:
Spoiler
Mortal Theater it's a roguelite game where you play as a theater actor. Your objective is to advance through a theater from one side to side without ḑ̶͌͘͝y̶̭͛̋i̴͍̹̻̽͂̾n̶̫͓̂g̶̺͂, fighting with enemies, collecting items and weapons etc.
Run through various environments and kill the maniac owner of the theater, who "represents" an ̵̬̦̭̃̾́s̷̯̽͌̄ĺ̶̥ä̴̦̜͌̈́v̴͈̍̏́é̸̞̗ ̵̛̭͚m̴̡̭̈́̅̄ȧ̶͍s̶̗͈̃̀ṱ̴̛͈̥̍͒e̶̯͗̿́͜r̵͙̗̃̍̂ of humans.

Main Features:
- Lots of items and weapons.
- 2 weapon slots and active & pasive item slots
- Multiple environments
- Multiple items and bosses
- Two game modes: Quick Mode (Go the further you can) & Story Mode (Try to kill the maniac)

Game Status: [UPDATE!]
Spoiler
Hey! This is me, the useless developer making this game! I'm glad to announce, the game is going pretty well so far. I'm also making the game as polished as possible, meaning that:

- It will be optimized to the limit (even with that there can be a bit of lag sometimes, but with 120 fps as target doesn't go below 110 during most of the playthrough, even with the insane amount of commands)

- I'm also fixing bugs and problems to make it look good to general people

- I'm doing the game as juicy, responsive and satisfactory as possible, even dying is actually satisfactory (ironically). Physics are as clean as possible, meaning that movement is clear, predictable and comfortable. Screenshake is something that gives feedback too, but I'm going to add an option to disable it for worst computers.

- I'm using all the PB capabilities, and even some functions that are quite unused, for example: Invincibility, attack types (fire, ice, water, etc.), repel stones and more!

This game is looking pretty nice to me, but I will see if you like it when the first alpha release comes out.

Screenshots:
Spoiler
Coming soon ;)
« Last Edit: March 20, 2021, 07:38:49 PM by Antikore »
Sorry because my English is not very good because I'm Spanish ;) :P

CGM

• Christian, 3D artist, former Platform Builder gamdev
  • Master Builder
    • View Profile
Re: [Roguelite] Mortal Theater
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2020, 05:09:25 PM »
Sounds really cool! I hope you get far with this project.

War

• "The top player is here!"
  • Level 20: Nobom
    • View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2020, 07:42:40 PM »
Hey, wassup wassup? My name is Warrior555MainsGanon (but just call me War) and I'm the main guy behind Megaman Zero Online and the upcoming Matt's Adventure! I don't speak often here but I'm a very friendly lad so if you wanna talk, don't hesitate!

Antikore

• View Profile
    • PBuilder Resources
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2020, 11:44:03 AM »

Lol, I didn't noticed you've looked at my youtube channel xd

War

• View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2020, 08:05:56 PM »
Lol, I didn't noticed you've looked at my youtube channel xd
Yes and I was here for the surprise pato juego tier list vid 8)
Hey, wassup wassup? My name is Warrior555MainsGanon (but just call me War) and I'm the main guy behind Megaman Zero Online and the upcoming Matt's Adventure! I don't speak often here but I'm a very friendly lad so if you wanna talk, don't hesitate!

Antikore

• View Profile
    • PBuilder Resources
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2020, 11:13:50 PM »
Yes and I was here for the surprise pato juego tier list vid 8)
Oof

War

• View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2020, 11:36:26 AM »
Edit: I forgot to put a like on this thread and now someone else took the 100th like, oof :(

Antikore

• View Profile
    • PBuilder Resources
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2020, 11:41:10 AM »
Edit: I forgot to put a like on this thread and now someone else took the 100th like, oof :(
F

Antikore

• View Profile
    • PBuilder Resources
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2021, 12:03:34 PM »
Well... I'm noticeably progressing with this project
This is what I made so far:
- Room randomizer (Area randomizer): This makes each run different
- Enemies and Enemy randomizer: A few cool enemies and also an enemy randomizer that increases the amount depending on the difficulty.
- Items & Weapons: You can grab items that change a lot of in-game stuff like chances, health, energy etc. Includes a dual wielding system for weapons, so, apart from each weapon having his unique stats, you can also get up to 2 weapons and you can change between them or each time you grab a new one and you have both slots occupied you will drop the one currently in hand to get the new one.

Also, my game is focused a lot on optimization, there are many looping command prompts going on even when I tried to use them the minimum possible, but its possible to play the game targeting 120 fps, and you will keep moreless between 110 and 120 on worst cases.

Well, just one more thing... Praise the godlike weapon dual wielding system (That folder called Weapons contain one timeline per weapon, so think about it xd)

War

• View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2021, 01:25:05 PM »
So I was going to put this in Antikore's exe issues thread, but since I had nothing new to say about the issues themselves, I decided to put this here: The game looks awesome so far. Looking forward to it!
Spoiler

Antikore

• View Profile
    • PBuilder Resources
« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2021, 01:27:11 PM »
So I was going to put this in Antikore's exe issues thread, but since I had nothing new to say about the issues themselves, I decided to put this here: The game looks awesome so far. Looking forward to it!
Spoiler
Tysm. I still have to get rid of some placeholder copyrighted sprites, such as those cool looking theater curtains above.

Antikore

• View Profile
    • PBuilder Resources
« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2021, 07:40:49 PM »
Bumped as the original post has been edited (Refer to the [Update!] sign)

Antikore

• View Profile
    • PBuilder Resources
Updates and everything
« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2021, 07:39:48 PM »
Heyo! This is me!

I'm fixing a lot of stuff in the game, making it a very polished product.
I'm proud to announce, that, in these early state of the game, we already achieved the amount of 45 UNIQUE ITEMS, counting both active & passive items, and more or less 12 weapons.

I'm also adding a new world to the three I already had. Spoiler
You will hate the Spouncer! Mwahahaha

As of the game story, the "evil" in this game has this certainly weird alphabet/language
L8NZ8PXN
Meaning "Welcome", pronounced "Laivarei".

There are some new items in the game referring to this language.
The Scroll of Pursue
The Scroll of Hedging
The Scroll of Opulence

Don't worry, you'll find out ;)