Author Topic: Platform Builder 10 is Out!  (Read 1426 times)

TingThing

• Admin and Developer
  • Level 20: Nobom
  • Creator and Developer of Platform Builder
    • View Profile
    • Platform Builder Home
Platform Builder 10 is Out!
« on: June 02, 2022, 02:55:18 AM »
Hi everyone,

The day has finally arrived. Platform Builder 10 is OUT! :yay!: :yay!: :yay!:

And, with PB's big new release including revised graphics from Casey Sharpe, we also have new screenshots featured on publisher websites like Steam, and a new video trailer. Check it out here!

A lot of new features are included which you may have already been enjoying if you were part of the Beta. But now we are public and all of the features like publishing and exporting are back online. We are also ready to press into some more digital marketing efforts to help drive more momentum and build a richer, livelier Platform Builder community.

Also, the Command Prompt Page has been updated. The page as a whole has been revamped with better categorization so that it will be (hopefully) easier to find the commands you are looking for. A lot on that page was moved around, but it's all still there plus a whole lot more now that PB 10 is released.

With the release of PB 10, I am also going to phase out bug reports on the forums as we switch to a dedicated bug-report form that can be filled out on our website. PB 10 will direct people there, and this will allow more people to contribute without needing to create an account here on the forums. Although I love to see more people join, it is even more important that bug reporting is as easy as possible so that no one is discouraged to help me make PB as stable as possible. On that note, please use the form and report any bugs that you find. By helping me, you help everyone.

Well, that's it for now. Hope you enjoy Platform Builder 10!

Yours,
TingThing
« Last Edit: June 02, 2022, 02:59:35 AM by TingThing »

Gizgord

• average
  • Level 18: Statix
    • View Profile
Re: Platform Builder 10 is Out!
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2022, 11:12:00 AM »
congratulations to the PB team! it took a while, but I'm happy to finally make it out of the Beta phase

I'm repeating myself, but it has to be said again; new graphics make a BIG difference. along with some nice new features (my favourites as of now are vibrate, FPS target commands, command search, definitely foreground sprites for HUDs).

at this point I'm pretty content with Platform Builder. most of the often requested features (custom HUDs, stand-alones, good controller support, plenty of conditionals, many more) have been added. it feels good. I've been here through most of it, sadly the community is not as robust and active as it was few years ago. CGM and Alley seemingly lost interest, and most of the other guys have moved on to other things. right now I see a good opportunity to inject some much-needed life into this community again. I know, that was the plan all along. spelling it out is kind of redundant. well, the foundation has never been as solid.

sorry, I went for a bit of a tangent. bottom line, I'm very excited for what the future holds for PB :D
« Last Edit: June 02, 2022, 11:15:16 AM by Gizgord »

TingThing

• Admin and Developer
  • Level 20: Nobom
  • Creator and Developer of Platform Builder
    • View Profile
    • Platform Builder Home
Re: Platform Builder 10 is Out!
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2022, 12:38:01 AM »

Thanks! Yes, I hope more people will join. I also feel that Platform Builder is at a good place in terms of features. My efforts will likely shift more toward polishing, addressing bugs, and also marketing. I have another partner who is helping with the marketing side of things too, and he is just getting started :)

congratulations to the PB team! it took a while, but I'm happy to finally make it out of the Beta phase

I'm repeating myself, but it has to be said again; new graphics make a BIG difference. along with some nice new features (my favourites as of now are vibrate, FPS target commands, command search, definitely foreground sprites for HUDs).

at this point I'm pretty content with Platform Builder. most of the often requested features (custom HUDs, stand-alones, good controller support, plenty of conditionals, many more) have been added. it feels good. I've been here through most of it, sadly the community is not as robust and active as it was few years ago. CGM and Alley seemingly lost interest, and most of the other guys have moved on to other things. right now I see a good opportunity to inject some much-needed life into this community again. I know, that was the plan all along. spelling it out is kind of redundant. well, the foundation has never been as solid.

sorry, I went for a bit of a tangent. bottom line, I'm very excited for what the future holds for PB :D