Author Topic: The Adventures of Super Mike 1  (Read 37370 times)

Gizgord

• average
  • Level 18: Statix
    • View Profile
Re: The Adventures of Super Mike 1
« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2018, 11:54:22 PM »
glad to hear you're doing well.

CGM

• Christian, 3D artist, former Platform Builder gamdev
  • Master Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2018, 12:07:09 AM »
Thank you!

CGM

• Master Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 22, 2018, 06:10:10 PM »
I know you all have been waiting. The game has been in the works since March 2018. I would like to finish the game before 2019. It appears that may be a possibility! Tons of collectables are being added to the game. Once I finish all level layouts, and fix several bugs, then the game should be done.

Alley

• The Blue Leader
  • Level 17: Clanker
  • Deals with art in PC and acting and drawing
    • View Profile
    • Team Alju5
« Reply #18 on: September 22, 2018, 06:22:16 PM »
You should make it available for Explore. :) I know you have a lot of work with it because you showed it via Stream but you can complete some of the levels and allow us to play. :)
Alley (T_Alj5)

CGM

• Master Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 22, 2018, 07:30:15 PM »
Yes. I could. It will be on exe and explore. I mean, people will see it better on explore. If it was just exe, then not many people would know about it. But exe is nice. And I like exe. I will release a demo when I feel comfortable with doing it. I could do level's 1 and 2. But they won't stay on explore forever until the official demo comes out. Even the first 2 levels need work. They are playable, but they still need some fixing and some secrets and collectables. I'm toying with the idea to have a minigame in each level that is hidden. Like Yoshis Wooly World. Only, most are hidden. If Ting takes my secrets in tiles suggestion, I'll go crazy with it!

Alley

• The Blue Leader
    • View Profile
    • Team Alju5
« Reply #20 on: September 22, 2018, 09:28:52 PM »
I like EXE too. :) It is more businesslike and looking more like a game and creation... The game inside PB reminds like using toolkit than the game itself.
But you really should publish an update. Complete some of your levels so those are beatable and looks at least average and then publish your first version! :) I mean, if you plan to complete your game like in 2019 and then you say it takes more time than you expected we can't get any part of your work at all. ::)
Alley (T_Alj5)

CGM

• Master Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 22, 2018, 09:43:38 PM »
Okay. Expect a demo in about 3 weeks. Or less.

CGM

• Master Builder
    • View Profile
Re: The Adventures of Super Mike 1 UPDATE!!!
« Reply #22 on: September 28, 2018, 12:37:04 AM »
Hey! Guess what? New power-ups are being made! A new strange power-up is in the works! Once a couple bugs get fixed, it'll be ready. Let's just say it's based on a classic power-up. With some twists. Plus an ice-flower type power-up is going to be in ASM too. But it isn't the same as the mario ice flower. It has similarities, but it's not the same. Once a bug get's worked out, it'll be fixed. Now, sometimes I stream on twitch this project. I don't announce it, but if you catch me on steam, I can show you a live stream of ASM if I am available. A couple new enemies are going to be introduced! An enemy that is called a bloxer, and an enemy that is an air enemy that moves really fast and follows arrows, and is meant to protect things. Plus, this isn't official, but if 6.1 turns out the way I hope, I hope to add starcoins! Custom variables might be needed to add them. But, I can at least make starcoins. If variables aren't added, they won't do any good! So I'm not promising that. Stay tuned for more updates!

Alley

• The Blue Leader
    • View Profile
    • Team Alju5
« Reply #23 on: September 29, 2018, 08:46:16 PM »
Nice! ::) Expecting Demo soon.
Alley (T_Alj5)

CGM

• Master Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 01, 2018, 05:24:40 PM »
A little distracted from demo, but I'll try to release it soon. But guess what! The game has an official logo! I made it with PowerDirector 14 Ultimate, and Paint.Net to re-align the words. I'll share the image soon. Let's just say, it looks awesome!

CGM

• Master Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 01, 2018, 07:27:34 PM »
Here's the official logo! It'll replace the one on the exe photo. Tell me if you like it!
:straight:

CGM

• Master Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 02, 2018, 01:25:28 AM »
A ASM website is in the works! Not only that, but I think I'll post frequent updates from now on! Plus, a cannon is coming to ASM!

Antikore

• Developing Mortal Theater at day, developing depression at night.
  • Level 22: Trex
  • Enjoying Platform Builder from the very start
    • View Profile
    • PBuilder Resources
« Reply #27 on: October 02, 2018, 08:41:24 AM »
The logo is very cool!
Sorry because my English is not very good because I'm Spanish ;) :P

CGM

• Master Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 02, 2018, 12:39:15 PM »
The T and the A and the S and M were made with a video editing software. I made the letters TASM in 3D and took a screenshot of a block of grass in mid-air and then imported it into my editing software to work as a texture. I can't texture 2D text. So then I set the X, Y, and Z to 0 and got the 2D look. Which still has the PB 3D tileset effect. That's how I made it. The rest of it was just gradient text with colors with Berlin Sans as the font. So it's the same font used in the PB logo.

CGM

• Master Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 04, 2018, 12:35:10 AM »
Now that the games framework is almost done, I've decided to work on details. And boy does level 1 look nice! I decided that I would take advantage of the custom backgrounds and tilesets. So, I came up with this! Check out this update video to see.

http://vimeo.com/293261632