Author Topic: Invasion: Going Personal  (Read 44518 times)

CGM

• Christian, 3D artist, former Platform Builder gamdev
  • Master Builder
    • View Profile
Re: Invasion: Going Personal
« Reply #105 on: January 17, 2019, 11:31:53 PM »
I feel the same way as you feel. I just wish more people commented on my pages... (Sigh) I do know that people are interested and look forward to my game. It may just be that I don't share a bunch of images and stuff.

Alley

• The Blue Leader
  • Level 17: Clanker
  • Deals with art in PC and acting and drawing
    • View Profile
    • Team Alju5
« Reply #106 on: January 21, 2019, 09:37:13 PM »
If I mention the game being unpopular then I mean people mentioning about game difficulty and never coming back to comment anything else. ::) I think your game is quite a popular because people were interested about a point of your game, goal and things/features that your game have long before your game was even playable at Explore. My game page has some records having a lot of posts because it is not that difficult to accomplish with 1 or 2 other persons here if I keep being active enough building and announcing news about my game.
I believe if you would focus on your one project and would keep building it actively so people really would be able to experience news regularly your game would be much more popular. :)
Alley (T_Alj5)

CGM

• Master Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: January 21, 2019, 11:08:42 PM »
I see. By the way, I mainly do ASM. A side project is something I don't do consistently.

Alley

• The Blue Leader
    • View Profile
    • Team Alju5
« Reply #108 on: January 22, 2019, 12:31:55 PM »
If you want my honest opinion... I think you also don't work on ASM consistently. Remember that it took at least more than a year to release your demo to Explore basically with just one level. I know your game has many complicated custom mechanics but would you say my game don't have? I have about 10 levels and most of those have a complicated system in the whole level. It took long for me before I started to design title and make my own scene-cuts but now I have several scene cuts fully done and those have even no errors discovered. ::)

I often struggle with my time. I have to work for money and I have to do some responsibilities at home also in my free time... This is too much for me because I have a lot of interests and I have limited my activities to minimum per day which makes me still unsuccessful in one thing especially because I strive to sleep down all my free time. Even so, I try to improve myself to make some notable things for IGP. 10 levels are not very notable in more than 2 years.
Now, you are admitting, you have even too much free time but you just have a little demo basically with 1 level. Take my suggestion! :) You often need to chat even if you haven't much important to say and you have to make a lot of huge plans for yourself. ::) You really should prioritize your things!

In addition, I really like your logo which you made for my game but you don't have to make those all things to everyone... You see you can't make your all "will"'s come true. You are Christian and is not very nice from you to keep giving promises which you will mostly never make come true. Do you agree? ::)
« Last Edit: January 22, 2019, 12:36:08 PM by Alley »
Alley (T_Alj5)

CGM

• Master Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: January 22, 2019, 09:57:25 PM »
About my promises:

When I made the promise to make you a trailer, I wasn't expecting some things in life to come up. It was a little over a week later I finally was able to get on the forums again. I hadn't been able to use the PC. I also have been getting very limited time. I only get to use the PC for about 2 hrs a day right now. Because of a personal situation going on. I haven't forgotten your trailer. Is there any other promise I made that I haven't kept? If so, please let me know!

About ASM and prioritizing:

I have realized this same thing about me not getting work done very fast. I usually open PB, and don't know what to do. To be honest, I have been getting so many levels/things done in ASM it's almost overwhelming for me. Anyway, I am actually working on ASM right now more than usual. And, I have been doing less PC work lately as mentioned above. And by the way, I haven't been developing ASM for even a year yet. I started in Feb of 2018. I released the demo to the explore about 2 or so months ago. I am working on a 10-level world 1 demo. With minigames, about 5 different power-ups, and I am still wanting to try some new things for the 2nd demo. (Like trying to make turtle shells you can carry.)

Alley

• The Blue Leader
    • View Profile
    • Team Alju5
« Reply #110 on: February 01, 2019, 10:33:06 PM »
Of course, you never have said that you promise nor things that you will give your head for it but every "will"'s can be considered as promises by a developer who makes public to expect something. Just keep watching your topics and you may understand that each of those can be considered as promises because of that!
You are also top poster here and writing is also something that takes some time, for example...

I have noticed a way of your activity for long already and I wanted to give you my suggestion because I have done the same mistake over and over again also... Your final decision, however, is your thing to do, of course! ::)
« Last Edit: February 01, 2019, 10:36:46 PM by Alley »
Alley (T_Alj5)

CGM

• Master Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: February 02, 2019, 12:15:04 AM »
I see. You must also understand that I also work on things outside of PB and even out of the PC world. So, when I say I will do something in a project, or start a project, or continue a project, you must understand that that may or may not be done soon. If I say I will do something soon, I am simply communicating that I am trying my best to get it done soon if possible. Understand?

Alley

• The Blue Leader
    • View Profile
    • Team Alju5
« Reply #112 on: February 19, 2019, 07:33:56 PM »
Invasion: Going Personal have been gotten bigger and overall updates.

Below you can read about some of the most important and the latest updates to the game.
  • Splash screen has been added.
  • Title screen has been changed. Christian Game Maker's logo for this game and Antikore's difficulty ratings have been taken in use. Referring to The Gruppy Leader have been moved now to a scene.
  • Advanced menus have been added.
  • Land of Dreams have been improved, updated and separated to be a separate game type at the beginning of your progress. In a normal(story) game type Land of Dreams can be accessed last to unlock all beaten levels.
  • More important advanced scene cuts have been included.
  • Shops allows you to improve your health and simplify your progress.
  • Achievement rewards can be now gained for your progress.
  • Electricity generated by the electric fields cannot be defended. You now just must pass those by timing.
  • Small spiked ball obstacles in Technology Center have been replaced with a big spiked ball. Those big obstacles are more difficult to dodge and also disallow you to survive just by setting a defensive stance in an elevator.
  • Scene cuts have been improved, updated so those can be now skipped.
You also can check out the latest trailer about this game.

Read the main post for this topic here to read about what exactly has been changed and what this game currently has to offer.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2019, 08:26:09 PM by Alley »
Alley (T_Alj5)

Mechasaur

• No Normies Allowed
  • Level 13: Porcuprick
  • Proud Admin of Plugger's Zone
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: February 21, 2019, 02:11:29 AM »
new vid looks promising

looks like there's actual effort being put in for once

CGM

• Master Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: February 21, 2019, 01:05:41 PM »
Are you kidding? Invasion is in the top! It's the been the #1 explore game since... Probably since it was published! I was around back then... Those were the days...

Thoughts on the trailer...
The trailer is nice! (I couldn't ever get around to making one for you!) It's just that, I wouldn't say that there's custom stuff, and stuff like that. Because, people who don't know about PB may not understand as well. Lots of games have "advanced stuff." It's just that for PB, your stuff is cool, and rare. I would make a trailer that is for everyone so that everyone can understand it. These are just suggestions and thoughts. 

Mechasaur

• No Normies Allowed
  • Level 13: Porcuprick
  • Proud Admin of Plugger's Zone
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: February 21, 2019, 11:38:10 PM »
Are you kidding? Invasion is in the top! It's the been the #1 explore game since... Probably since it was published! I was around back then... Those were the days...

mfw

jokes aside, I'm aware. I just thought it needed more improvements which it did and I'm happy about it considering the video.

Alley

• The Blue Leader
    • View Profile
    • Team Alju5
« Reply #116 on: February 23, 2019, 08:12:10 PM »
If I understand this conversation after my update announcement properly then... This is why it is important to check for updates for games from Explore sometimes if you at least like Platform Builder more than a bit to see if the game may be actually much better than expected. I usually check for every new game and update and this is the best way to get a full picture of a thing. ::) In addition, my page does not include text purely but quite a lot of pictures and videos also that says quite a much. I understand that a lot of people may not bother to watch very long videos or they may have no time for this but you always can skip some parts of the video to see if you find something you may like.
I admit I also made a new trailer to prove my work even more and to show some potential also in making videos because I personally think it is never too difficult to make a good video no matter who you are. Everything, it just takes time and we don't have that time for everything. This topic is related to IGP not about my skill in making videos, screenshots nor writing posts so I really hope that people here rate my game more than everything else because everything else is just a way to show it. :) I just have to say that I plan more trailers like this when my game have much more to show but I can't promise that I stop making amateur videos like those ones I have created for the long plays because otherwise how I would be able to work with IGP in that short free time in my life.

I appreciate the comments to my the latest video, however. Thank you both but especially Christian Game Maker who stand for this project that much! Sometimes, I feel you are not interested in this very much but then another time you praise this to the heavens. O:-) I guess my game has to be just too difficult to handle very well. ::)
« Last Edit: February 23, 2019, 08:18:50 PM by Alley »
Alley (T_Alj5)

CGM

• Master Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: February 24, 2019, 03:09:37 AM »
I like your game very much, so I love it! But when it comes to it being hard, that's another story. But it's something truly unique. I think of ASM as being good, but IGP is way over the top! You've probably put more effort into it then I ever did ASM. Anyway, it's a great game, and keep up the good work!

Alley

• The Blue Leader
    • View Profile
    • Team Alju5
« Reply #118 on: March 05, 2019, 10:01:58 PM »
Thanks! ::)

By the way... After that, I have finished making long plays and a trailer now I am back working on IGP project and with a long ago mentioned motorcycle level. ::) Motorcycle will be given to the player to complete this level but similarly with a plane this vehicle also has some different properties. For example, you can't defend nor ground pound but you can accelerate very quickly and ride with a high speed. In addition, to it it's weight will cause a small seismic pound when landing and you will not use legs for kicking but a back wheel. :D
This level probably will take some time in my limited time, however, because this level must have a lot of new graphics for a completely custom challenge also.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2019, 10:04:48 PM by Alley »
Alley (T_Alj5)

CGM

• Master Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: March 06, 2019, 05:06:01 PM »
Can't wait to see it! I do wish that the character on the motorcycle was sitting down instead of standing up. I'm certain that with some editing you can make it look better. But the motorcycle looks great!