Author Topic: Invasion: Going Personal  (Read 44281 times)

Alley

• The Blue Leader
  • Level 17: Clanker
  • Deals with art in PC and acting and drawing
    • View Profile
    • Team Alju5
Invasion: Going Personal
« on: February 22, 2018, 04:08:28 PM »
About the game

This is a game that represents a way how my platform game would look like. Below you can watch more screenshots about the project.

The latest updates

The screenshots about the game should be self-explanatory enough. Below you can read about some of the updates made for this project.
  • Splash screen has been added.
  • Title screen has been changed. Christian Game Maker's logo for this game and Antikore's difficulty ratings have been taken in use. Referring to The Gruppy Leader have been moved now to a scene.
  • Advanced menus have been added.
  • Land of Dreams have been improved, updated and separated to be a separate game type at the beginning of your progress. In a normal(story) game type Land of Dreams can be accessed last to unlock all beaten levels.
  • More important advanced scene cuts have been included.
  • Shops allows you to improve your health and simplify your progress.
  • Achievement rewards can be now gained for your progress.
  • Electricity generated by the electric fields cannot be defended. You now just must pass those by timing.
  • Small spiked ball obstacles in Technology Center have been replaced with a big spiked ball. Those big obstacles are more difficult to dodge and also disallow you to survive just by setting a defensive stance in an elevator.
  • Scene cuts have been improved, updated so those can be now skipped.
So if looking at the screenshots then the news confirm you can become really healthy for your progress now by improving yourself in the shops and achievements hopefully will motivate you to act more determinedly.

Summary

Here you are!
  • Aircraft and vehicles controlled by the enemies or the player
  • Complicated mechanics
  • Graphical effects and screen animations
  • Advanced scene cuts, menus, and bosses
  • Shops
  • Items for inventory and unlockable achievements
But those are only some mentioned elements that this game has to offer and plans to include. Are you ready? Below you can watch my the first real trailer format about the game which may be a good showcase for them who don't bother to watch long gameplay videos. :)

Try from Explore menu in Platform Builder application! :) Also, watch some additional news about the given project from the further posts by the author!
« Last Edit: February 19, 2019, 08:27:02 PM by Alley »
Alley (T_Alj5)

CGM

• Christian, 3D artist, former Platform Builder gamdev
  • Master Builder
    • View Profile
Re: Invasion: Going Personal
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2018, 04:58:03 PM »
Hey alley! Good game except for the dirty language, I haven't played it that much yet partly because of that.

Alley

• The Blue Leader
    • View Profile
    • Team Alju5
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2018, 08:57:05 PM »
Hi, Christian Game Maker!

Thank you for your comment!  :)  And I understand your feeling about a dirty language. For a believers or some other people who don't believe in god also it may feel a bit not fitting and out. This content may be not suitable for the children and so on... However, I don't plan to make my game dirty completely but just making some certain persons dirty as much I make some another ones good or bad. It's just like in real life where you like someone and someone you don't like and I want to represent a real life in my game partially to be more logical.
For now actually only one person in my game is a dirty one but believe me that the main villain who is required to be killed at the end of my game is much worse although he don't swear at all.  :)  So if you really like my game then please don't ignore my game only because of a dirty language by one unlucky! You can ignore this man just like we all do in real life with the people whom we don't like.
Just try to put yourself in a movie and protect against those ones who wants to invade the innocent and ignore those ones who just seems to be stupid for you. You can jump over a dirty human or skip fast his messages like "Huh? I don't hear you. What did you say?"

Although I must agree with you that I should use asterisks for censoring some adult content if I want to allow my game to every age.  :D
« Last Edit: February 22, 2018, 09:10:00 PM by Alley »
Alley (T_Alj5)

CGM

• Master Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2018, 03:14:43 AM »
I can't get through the first level Alley, It's sooooooo hard!!! What is the HP set to? You probably maxed it to 50 HP.

Alley

• The Blue Leader
    • View Profile
    • Team Alju5
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2018, 11:46:52 AM »
My game have now 6 levels in total so are you talking about the first boss fight from the cave who starts without projectiles and starts to fire when getting angry? Yes! Health for this boss is 50 but using "Change enemy" function on death it is possible to give even more health to him. This is a place where I can't help because this boss is much simpler in his first appearance than the miniboss who have 25 HP and is the simplest following and jumping boss as possible. I am not the best player in the world next to the pro players and if I would increase a difficulty for this boss then it would be just a joke, even not worth a name of boss.  :-\
I even haven't made a whole level for this boss so you can practise only one thing as long as you fill the goal.  :)  Note that you can kill this boss by jumping on his head without using "CTRL"! You just have to kick his ass.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2018, 12:25:06 PM by Alley »
Alley (T_Alj5)

CGM

• Master Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2018, 05:35:24 PM »
What do you do in level 2? It's just one screen with nothing!

CGM

• Master Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2018, 08:21:37 PM »
Alley, Could you leave a link to the custom sprites you have that I saw in the screenshots?

Alley

• The Blue Leader
    • View Profile
    • Team Alju5
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2018, 11:56:46 PM »
Sure I can send you a link to a sprites that I made for this project. I will not add any limits because of copyright subject for anyone. It would be honour to see something in other people games that I have made.  :)

But before this could you explain exactly what do you mean with one screen with nothing? For me level 2 is working. Is my level bugged or missed when you attempting to play it?  ???  If so then those kind of mistakes are my priority ones to make fixed because I really don't like any mistakes in any of my games. So please explain!

UPDATE:

Considering that my game may work properly in my computer only because I have the required files or such I used a fact for my benefits that my girlfriend is sleeping right now and logged in to her computer which is also slower than mine. I didn't log in to GameJolt and forced myself to get standard version of Platform Builder and installed then my game to my girlfriend's PC via Explore menu. Even so I could play the second level and I tried also third one to consider that you might have played my game in previous version of this.  ??? It have even no slow downs.
Are you sure that you was patient enough and didn't suicide when there was a pause for another helicopter attack or something like this? In the second boss fight you have to survive perhaps you just need to not die before the boss leaves you in order to get on World 3. I made a bit special scenecut for the begginning. You also have to find out a way from Ghost House to meet the Miniboss and Miniboss is not simple one for getting on next world.  :)

If you really have some trouble then screenshot me about this and I will try to figure out why you can play my level!  :)  Even if you quited my game it should save every time when you survive from the boss.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2018, 02:05:39 AM by Alley »
Alley (T_Alj5)

seggaw

« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2018, 05:56:04 PM »

What should I do?

CGM

• Master Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2018, 06:16:45 PM »
Alley equipped you with punches and kicks! You need to do this 50 times to beat the boss, after that, I don't know what to do in level 2!

Alley

• The Blue Leader
    • View Profile
    • Team Alju5
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2018, 06:23:29 PM »
Christian Game Maker, thank you for your guide to seggaw but I asked you a question what problem do you excactly have in level 2. I really don't understand because in my opinion it is really easy to understand what to do in order to win the battle when you play. You must have some kind of bug in level 2 and if I am right then I would like to fix it.  :)
« Last Edit: February 24, 2018, 06:25:36 PM by Alley »
Alley (T_Alj5)

CGM

• Master Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2018, 06:30:24 PM »
Sorry alley, I'll check it right now...

Alley

• The Blue Leader
    • View Profile
    • Team Alju5
« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2018, 06:34:09 PM »
When you are ready then please try to describe me excactly what problem do you have and why can't you beat level 2 with details. If possible then also take a screenshot for me!  :)
Alley (T_Alj5)

CGM

• Master Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2018, 06:45:26 PM »
Oh boy, on this pc It is way different from the other pc, After I did the first boss it had me go out of the building and had a checkpoint. On my other pc It brought me to another world and had an empty level called something like the storing place or something. With a brick flooring. So It probably was a glitch.

CGM

• Master Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2018, 06:47:34 PM »
OOPS! I spoke too soon. Now It has the proper screen scrolling thing with tanks and cannons! After I passed those buildings. With keys...